Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding Competition

Planet Civilization Modding Competition

With an increasing number of modifications (mods) for Civilization IV being developed, played, and discussed in the community, Planet Civilization is hosting a modding competition! We want to find out what the best mods are, and would like to honor their creators (or development teams) with some Civilization rarities. We will poll all the visitors of Planet Civilization which mod they like most, and will honor the modmakers according to the votes.

The Prizes:
    1. Copy of Civilization IV signed by Sid Meier and Soren Johnson and the Official Civilization IV Soundtrack
    2. Copy of Civilization IV signed by Sid Meier and Soren Johnson
    3. The Official Civilization IV Soundtrack

The Rules:

The mod must classify as a mod. A simple map is not a mod, it must modify the game in one way or another and require custom XML, graphics, or Python work. The mod must be in a working condition (but not 100% finished, if that is even possible for a mod) and packaged in either ZIP, RAR, or EXE format, so that it can be installed by the user easily. The mod must be uploaded to Planet Civilization (see below for submission instructions).

Voting will start once we have enough mod submissions (watch this space for dates) and finish once we have 800 votes (or 2 months after the starting date, whichever occurs first). Voting will take place on the main page and every user has one vote.

Both new mods and existing mods are eligible.

Submitting your Mod:

You need to email the Planet Civilization Site Director (jvdc@planetcivilization.gamespy.com ) stating that you wish to participate, even if your mod is already available on Planet Civilization. You have to submit your mod to Planet Civilization. If the file is under 25 MB in size, you can upload it here. If it is larger, contact me to arrange for the upload. If your mod is already mirrored on Planet Civilization and you cannot update it, contact me as well.
    My websites:
    - Ancient History Encyclopedia
    - The Ancient Mediterranean Mod
    - What is my search ranking?

What about SDK mods? Seems unfair to leave them out.

Comment

SDK mods are included, as long as they are ready-made and can be installed easily. Mod components don't count though.
      My websites:
      - Ancient History Encyclopedia
      - The Ancient Mediterranean Mod
      - What is my search ranking?

Comment

Working...
      X