What happened to my pirate ships?[mod idea]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to my pirate ships?[mod idea]

I was just thinking the other day how I miss the pirateer ships, it was a great way to keep your enemies in check without declaring war. I was thinking perhaps that this could be readded to the game but to keep game balance limit construction to 5 of them, so that you can't simply overrun your enemy. Unfortunately I have no modding experience so i will rely on the interest of others.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

Yeah I thought about this the other day too! I also thought it might make the late-game naval tactics interesting by having some kind of pirateer submarine. Something that can explore and even attack without revealing nationality. Like a spy sub or something.
    One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
    "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

That's a good idea. I would balance it by making it so the civilization you attack will know who did it and automatically declare war on you if the attacking privateer/submarine is defeated (because the defending civilization would be able to tell who sponsored them from salvaging the wreckage).

Comment

Since priveteers aren't owned by there mother nation they should only cost gold. Also, the more gold you spend on them the stronger they'll be since they cane buy better waepons.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Badtz Maru
          That's a good idea. I would balance it by making it so the civilization you attack will know who did it and automatically declare war on you if the attacking privateer/submarine is defeated (because the defending civilization would be able to tell who sponsored them from salvaging the wreckage).

Good ideas on your end too. I may have to create a new submarine mod along these lines. I like the idea of discovering the civ by salvaging the wreckage. Perhaps there could be another, more expensive, or upgraded, unit which would have technologies from various civs and therefore be more difficult to identify. There is coding for this sort of thing with spies (chance of detection), so it shouldn't be too difficult to create a unit along these lines.
          One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
          "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Working...
          X