Notepad for XML editting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notepad for XML editting?

I have only a vague memory as to a particular notepad I used a few years ago with modding Civilization III. It's been a long time since I last downloaded and kept this notepad program.

Can anyone reccomend a good notepad program for modding Civilization IV through XML documents? Thank you.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

If you go here you can get a free version of the same editor that the development team at Firaxis uses:

XMLSpy XML Editor is an advanced, time-saving tool for editing XML, JSON, and related technologies. See why it’s the choice of over 5 million developers with a free, 30-day trial.

Comment

thanks, Peter

Comment

Another option would would be SciTE which also let's you edit Python files and C++ files (although it can't compile them). It's part of the toolkit in my sig, but I might be able to find a link somewhere if you don't want all the useful tools.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I use the defualt wordpad that comes with windows for XML, and it works fine.
          "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
          Check out my Blog!

Comment

thanks, MMC and Smelly

Comment

hey MMC -- I downloaded, extracted, and then installed the modding files in your sig with no problems

Comment

That's good to hear. They're not necessarily the 'bleeding-edge' latest versions, but they all work together, and that possibly the most important part.
                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I use Editpad Lite for just about everything that's loadable into a text editor.

It's especially good for those obscenely wide delimited text files as the only limit to line width is the amount of memory on your PC.
                  There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Working...
                  X