No announcement yet.

Basic XML Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went into the Python folder to try to locate the right document. I found the CvMapGeneratorUtil Python document, Smelly, but that document is LONG; some of it I do not understand right now and so I'm lost as to where I need to go to change generation of terrain types and ratio of continents and islands (if this is the only document I need to modify).
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Are there any chants or rituals I must carry out to summon the wise people of Apolyton?

Comment

Just provide proof of your devotion to the Apolyton Deities (and their underlings )

Small un-marked bill of various currencies should do it... just keep 'proving yourself' until someone appears.

Like me...

Doh!

Anyway, I'm no expert on the mapscripts, but I'll have a look if no-one else appears.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

MMC, if you find time to get back to me on my questions, you will be my hero.

Comment

One more thing; I think it's ridiculous to require oil to build frigates.

Where in XML do I go, to change tech requirement for buildiing frigates? What do I insert in place of oil to simply have NO requirement?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              One more thing; I think it's ridiculous to require oil to build frigates.

Where in XML do I go, to change tech requirement for buildiing frigates? What do I insert in place of oil to simply have NO requirement?

thanks
              Frigates don't require oil. Just iron.

If you want to remove that (or any) bonus requirement, go into the Assets/XML/Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml and find the unit you want to adjust. You will find fields for "PrereqTech" and "PrereqBonus" and "BonusType." These three effect what technologies and bonuses are required.
              One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
              "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Yeah, you're right.

Comment

sigh

Comment

burp
                    One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
                    "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

For doing maps the Climate.xml will do lots but there are also some files in in gameplay/worldbuilder that can affect it.

If you want to do maps I have some external map creation software in my sig and there is also the SmartMap.py program at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...63#post3599863
                      You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                      There is a reason for everything.

Comment

thanks, Forester

Comment

Working...
                        X