resource depletion mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resource depletion mod?

Been searching. Can't find any mods that make resource disappear from the map (randomly or otherwise). Would this be an easy mod? Does one exist?

this would be something very nice, since in real world, resources doesnt last forever

Comment

Hmmm. I think that would involve creating new schema's for/in the XML files, since there isn't anything currently coded for removing resources after a certain period of time. Then you would have to implement those new schemas into the resource XML files, into all the resources even if you didn't want the resource to disappear (put the field in but leave it empty). It might even involve some Python.

It would be additionally complicated to have them disappear at random times, or after a random period of time. Not a simple XML mod, but I'm sure it can be done.

A good idea but might it be hard to balance?
      One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
      "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

There is at least one mod of this type over at CivFanatics. I believe it also include a few minor tweaks that let find new resouces when the old one run out.
        Unortunately I don't have time to look for the appropriate thread at the moment.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

have an idea at least of the name of the mod?

Comment

I'm no sure... I think it's part of a larger mod, but available sepereately, or something like that. I'd just search for 'resource depeletion'.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

It would seem to me to be fairly trivial to do, just throw something into the event manager some minor chance to remove a resource, then if you hit it, find one and deplete it... that part might be harder, the only easy way I can imagine would be to go through the map one by one, list all of the 'depletable' resources (if you have any restrictions on such), list them all into an array, then randomly pick one ...

Making it require 'using' it, though, would be harder (though you could only put resources that were 'mined' or whatever in that array).
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
              X