Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN Mods?

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has modded the way the UN works since the release of the SDK? I was hoping for a lot more options rather than just adopting civics and choosing a game winner.

Any help would be appreciated!

I would like to see this too, however, I have no experience with Python and the SDK, back to XML for me!
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    Check out my Blog!

Comment

I will never understand why there is so little interest in modding the UN.
      As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
      atrocities.
      - Voltaire

Comment

At the very least I would like to see all civics choices available as proposals for universal adoption (except for the "primitive" ones that you start with that give no benefits). It is not realistic that only the most "liberal" ones are allowed--Roosevelt could demand that Mao switch to Free Market, but Mao can not demand that Roosevelt switch to State Property.
        Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin
            At the very least I would like to see all civics choices available as proposals for universal adoption (except for the "primitive" ones that you start with that give no benefits). It is not realistic that only the most "liberal" ones are allowed--Roosevelt could demand that Mao switch to Free Market, but Mao can not demand that Roosevelt switch to State Property.
            I agree totally.

There should also be the option, with associated penalties, to ignore the demands of the UN.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin
              There is a mod like that. I was just playing a gmae where I was forced to switch to Organized Religion. Search the forums and You'll probably find it.

A more accurate UN mod would include things like peackeeping missions ( with the optional raping of young girls in Africa) and embargos (with the option of corrupt oil for food programs with massive corruption).

I think the main reason you don't see more UN mods is that most Americans, which I assume make up a sizeable % of players, find the UN to be a corrupt, evil, meddeling organization that should have gone the way of the League of Nations.

Roger Bacon

Comment

Originally posted by nugog

There should also be the option, with associated penalties, to ignore the demands of the UN.

find the UN to be a corrupt, evil, meddeling organization that should have gone the way of the League of Nations.
                Check out my Blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Smellycowsquid

If the UN went the same way as the league of nations, there would be no international body in the word to, at least "try" to deal with world concerns. We would fall back to deals among superpowers. Just imagine if the Americans and Chinese would have a chanche to officialy rule the world.

(stereotypical french accent): Zee stupid Americains.
                  I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Originally posted by _BuRjaCi_

If the UN went the same way as the league of nations, there would be no international body in the word to, at least "try" to deal with world concerns. We would fall back to deals among superpowers. Just imagine if the Americans and Chinese would have a chanche to officialy rule the world.

(stereotypical french accent): Zee stupid Americains.
                    I can't believe that I am agreeing with someone who speaks with a French accent

However in game terms I believe that there shoulkd be the opportunity to ignore the UN, or act against the wishes of the UN. The implications of this should however, IMO, not be like the real world, whereby the Bush/Blair/Howard show get away scot free!
                    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by nugog

I can't believe that I am agreeing with someone who speaks with a French accent

However in game terms I believe that there shoulkd be the opportunity to ignore the UN, or act against the wishes of the UN. The implications of this should however, IMO, not be like the real world, whereby the Bush/Blair/Howard show get away scot free!
                      Yes, technicaly the Invasion of Iraq was just as ilegal as the invasion of Kuwait.

Maybe you should be allowed to leave the UN like you can the UP (in GalCiv2) if you don't like the laws and you should be alowed to bribe other leaders before the voting starts (like SMAC).
                      I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

Or if you ae powerful enough tell the UN to go to hell....

Seems to work for superpowers in the real world.

Comment

That...would...be...awesome...

If you are the country with the most votes, but not more than half of them, you could have the option to "ignore" the U.N's demands without penalty.

If you aren't in this situation, everyone declares war on you.

Comment

If you aren't in this situation, everyone declares war on you.
                            Meh, I think either that or you get something like a "-4 you ignored the UN!" penalty or something. That would pretty much guarantee cancellation of any defensive pacts, as well as some open border and trade agreements.

Comment

Originally posted by axisworks

Meh, I think either that or you get something like a "-4 you ignored the UN!" penalty or something. That would pretty much guarantee cancellation of any defensive pacts, as well as some open border and trade agreements.
                              Unless you are dealin with America or China; then you get "+2 You ignore the UN too"

Comment

Working...
                              X