#include <windows.h>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #include <windows.h>

On trying to complete the final step of compiling the SDK, I get that error on line 15. the line reads,

#include

and the error reads,

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory

I'm not sure if I completed all of the steps correctly. My top guess is that the folder, CvGameCoreDLL_v611 is supposed to go to a specific location. So... any thoughts of this one?
    Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
    +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
    http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

You need to install the Windows SDK (from Microsoft).

Comment

...which, in itself, is proving more difficult than I'd like. I can't tell if I downloaded the right thing from Microsoft, or even if I can install it without buying something that may or may not be what I need.

Comment

You using the Express version of visual studio? If so, there's a "how to compile the SDK" thread with links to the right stuff.

Comment

Specifically, check out this thread:

And yep, you should say what are you trying to use to compile the SDK. If it's Visual Studio 2005 Express, then you may need to do a bit of work to get it right .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I've looked at that thread a few dozen times already. The first post is the very set of instructions I tried to follow to get the SDK to work.

I access the project with Code Blocks and the Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003. I don't even remember if that has any relation to the Visual Studio 2005 Express.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTraveler
              I've looked at that thread a few dozen times already. The first post is the very set of instructions I tried to follow to get the SDK to work.

I access the project with Code Blocks and the Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003. I don't even remember if that has any relation to the Visual Studio 2005 Express.
              We've tried asnd tried (well, they've tried and tried) and can't get VS2005 to compile for any number of reasons. the end of the above thread has i9nsight into compiling with 2005.

For some reason I have not had sufficient free time to investigate, you can't compile on VS 2005.

Tom P.

Comment

Originally posted by padillah

We've tried asnd tried (well, they've tried and tried) and can't get VS2005 to compile for any number of reasons. the end of the above thread has i9nsight into compiling with 2005.

For some reason I have not had sufficient free time to investigate, you can't compile on VS 2005.

Tom P.
                So... I guess we have to use something other than the VS2005? The 2003 toolkit and Code Blocks ARE the something else, right? Or... is VS2005 something larger that includes one or both of those?

I guess, in a nutshell, should I try another compiler altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTraveler
                  So... I guess we have to use something other than the VS2005? The 2003 toolkit and Code Blocks ARE the something else, right?
                  Yep. As far as most of us have figured you must use VC++2003 and CodeBlocks.

Or... is VS2005 something larger that includes one or both of those?
                  No. None of the 2005 components include, or even reference, the 2003 components. They are stand-alone compilers in their own right.

I guess, in a nutshell, should I try another compiler altogether?
                  I may have misunderstood the posts between you and Solver when you were remarking on what you used. I saw 2005 in there and just wanted to put the warning up that we are still trying to get that right. If you are using the VC++2003 Express and CodeBlocks then the instructions and thread referenced by Solver should get you where you need to go.

That thread is really a much better place to post comprehensive exact questions. (Fair warning, it's a pretty technical lot over there and, as nice as they are, can get pretty far off base if led in the wrong direction).

Tom P.

Comment

Just a question, why do you need codeblocks? I just use VS-2003 with no problems at all.

Comment

Because you can't get VS-2003 from microsoft's website anymore for free (while you can get VS-2005 or codeblocks for free)
                      no sig

Comment

So... I guess I am using the right compilers, then. That probably means I'm not following all the instructions correctly. I wonder what would happen if I tried to redo much of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                          Just a question, why do you need codeblocks? I just use VS-2003 with no problems at all.
                          I'm hoping I can get my hands on an old copy from work or maybe have one lying around the house stuck in a drawer somewhere.

Here's hoping. Well, I need time first.

Tom P.

Comment

Sorry, just that Padillah said up above "As far as most of us have figured you must use VC++2003 and CodeBlocks."

I've heard some console compilers do it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                              I've heard some console compilers do it correctly.
                              Other than the console version of VC++ 2003 what have you seen?

I don't know where I can find a copy of VS2003 and I'm looking for alternatives.

Tom P.

Comment

Working...
                              X