Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MOD idea]One city conquest Fun Mode

hello

i have been having a idea for a mod for a couple of months now and i would like to hear what you think about my idea .

Civ IV has the option that allows the player to have only 1 city and can't have more than that one . After playing this mode a couple of times , i found that this mode could be a lot more fun to play if it where to change a bit .

currently i call it "One city conquest Fun Mode " but it could be named differed .

now here is what i suggest :

When you conquer a city it gets degraded to a Town(or other land mark ) .
    This town would be a landmark where you can't produce anything it only has the same cultural value of the original city that you conquered .
    This way your empire expands , you can get access to the resources you would otherwise given away to the a**hole AI that is profiting from your hard work and when you destroy/weaken you worst enemy you are not feeding the other AI's to grow bigger (i really hated this ).

These town can not be destroyed only captured by a AI but it stays a town only now the AI has a bigger empire (until its get's recaptured ) .
    It also would be nice if this town would keep producing some culture ( maybe the culture that was being produced before it was degraded to a town , a percentage of it , maybe depending on tech's that have to be researched or depending on the culture production of our citly like 5% of it ) .

this funtion would not replace the old one but a new option you can pick .

I believe that this mode would allow it to play on bigger maps our be more fun to play .

Now what do you think of my idea ? , i am waiting for your reply’s even if you don't like it or you have a differed vision about this mode . Pleas if you have question just ask it .

P.S. i currently lack the skills to program this my self , so you are free to use my idea .

greets nanovirus

could you pleas tell me what you think about it or fine tune it .

Comment

Working...
    X