Something 10X longer then Marathon but still fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something 10X longer then Marathon but still fun

Is there a mod for some speed insanely longer then marathon (if you want the whole game to be in a single era for instance) but that doesn't get incredably long and boaring. Basically unit building and population growth should be much faster in comparrisson to other things like buildings and reashearch. I mean this more for war like scenarios where someone should win by domination.

There's no such mod of which I'm aware. ...although that shouldn't mean much, considering I haven't looked for one. I personally wonder how many people would want to play as the same leader in the same terrain against the same opponents with roughly the same units for that long. ...although I guess there's only one real good way to find out: for such a mod to become well-known and available.
    Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
    +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
    http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

There isn't a mod for this probably because it's easy enough to do for yourself.

In... oh, crap. I'm at work and don't have an environment at my disposal. Um, one of the XML files has ratios for speed differences. Just change them to what you feel you need.

Tom P.

Comment

Try staring a multiplayer hotseat game and play as all 18 civ's at once. That would have the desired effect of taking a few months to finish the game at least.

Comment

There is a mod you can download that allows you to adjust the rates for tech, build, train, pop. growth, etc., individually to make your own customized gamespeed, but I could never get it to work on my system. It's easy enough to change yourself, all you need to do is open up the right file (I think it's Civ4GameSpeedInfos.xml) with notepad or some other text editor and change the values to whatever you'd like (i.e. you could change research and building rates to 10000% while leaving the unit training and population growth rates the same).

I modded a gamespeed that had the research speed and turn count of Marathon, but everything else was the same as normal. It was pretty fun, spent a lot of time with nothing available to build but units, and had some tremendously large and powerful cities. Got a spaceship win in 1100 AD without really trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver14
            Try staring a multiplayer hotseat game and play as all 18 civ's at once. That would have the desired effect of taking a few months to finish the game at least.
            The desired effect is to keep the game in 1 era, not to make it take forever.

Comment

Working...
            X