A few map building problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few map building problems...

I'm lost here... I've searched the forums and not found any answers for these:

1) When creating a map, how do you get huts to appear (the ones that give gold/maps/exp/units/etc)? Are they placed, or do they appear randomly?

2) I've been using the Civ4Editor and checking the map in game... the last time, I panned out and the clouds are flowing north to south?? How did this happen?

3) Kind of a silly question: how do you make the map turn into a globe in Globe View? I figured out how to make it wrap both directions, but that doesn't do it, so...

4) From the "I did something stupid" file: I played in my map a little, went to WorldBuilder, changed some terrain, and hit the Save button... which of course saved the *game*... I went into the Editor and cleared out all the changes to the civs, but when I go back in game to check it out, I don't get the intro "you have been chosen to lead your civilization" splash screen... any ideas how to reset that?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: A few map building problems...

Originally posted by MerlinTKD
    I'm lost here... I've searched the forums and not found any answers for these:

1) When creating a map, how do you get huts to appear (the ones that give gold/maps/exp/units/etc)? Are they placed, or do they appear randomly?
    They are "placed"... randomly. I'm not sure I understand the distinction.

2) I've been using the Civ4Editor and checking the map in game... the last time, I panned out and the clouds are flowing north to south?? How did this happen?
    Off the top of my head you have the WRAPX = 1 set in the worldbuilder.

3) Kind of a silly question: how do you make the map turn into a globe in Globe View? I figured out how to make it wrap both directions, but that doesn't do it, so...
    Discover Astronomy (I think, I can't remember)

4) From the "I did something stupid" file: I played in my map a little, went to WorldBuilder, changed some terrain, and hit the Save button... which of course saved the *game*... I went into the Editor and cleared out all the changes to the civs, but when I go back in game to check it out, I don't get the intro "you have been chosen to lead your civilization" splash screen... any ideas how to reset that?

Thanks in advance!!
    You don't. That only shows when you are actually begining the game anew. Sorry.

Tom P.

Comment

Working...
    X