[MOD] The Second Revolution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MOD] The Second Revolution!

Greetings! There is a new download mirror!

This scenario with mod is a fiction scenario where there is a "Second Revolution" in North America. I have tried to be acurate as possible with city placement, but any suggestions would be welcome. You take control of one of six factions, three governmental and three revolutionary, at war for control of the region. You can win through conquest and diplomacy (so far).
    I just played as castro on NOBLE and took all of florida but i got locked up and had american troops up and down the panhandle.:rotfl:
    Now i've played as rebel coalition on noble and had to make so changes to unit layout and stuff. All i can say is grab what you can from USA and then hold while you make nice with Canada.
    US is very very strong when it gets mobilized, so it's imperitive to gang up on it. Every game has been different.
    I wonder how this map would run multiplayer, maybe a LAN?

Playable civ's:

U.S. Army
    Leader: George W. Bush

Federales de la Armada
    Leader: Vicente Fox

Canadian Armed Forces
    Leader: Stephen Harper

People's Communist Army
    Leader: Fidel Castro

Alianza Zapatista
    Leader: Subcommander Marcos

Rebel Coalition
    Leader: None (Syndicalist commitee)

Screenshots!

Here's the F-35 near a civilian mob and a Canadian Patriot Missile:

Here's the United States from globe-view, showing mini-map, too:

Here's Zapatistas and Mexican G.A.F.E. somewhere in Central America:

Here's Castro's Red Guard, ready to storm the Pentagon:

For everyone who has been looking at the old thread, the first playable beta is out. This mod is still pretty rough, but i think it will be of some amusement to any civ players with experience. Playing on Noble or harder as rebel will be very challenging for me I wish I could explain more in this post, but I gotta sleep and wait for your responses.

Please post in this thread what you find to be wrong with the scenario.

Updated Download Here
    download mirror
    Last edited by GarretSidzaka; April 22, 2006, 06:25.
    ModCastNewest Episode!
    Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Second Revolution Version 1.3 BETA 4/5/06

Created by GarretSidzaka, Robo Magic Man, the roAm; all from civfanatics.com

Special thanks for graphics/advice from civfanatics.com:
    nautil; korvgubben; krowtrobot; Dual; jam4865; woodelf; bad_ronald; CrazyAce; Wyz_sub10; snafusmith; Rabbit,white and if your name should be here, please PM GarretSidzaka at forums

This is the Second Revolution Mod. This mod needs more work, but it is ready for the content to be playtested. Please send any remarks to ringworldwu@gmail.com or GarretSidzaka at the civfanatics forum.

changes: fixed flags on wbs, fixed flag decals
    added cities in blank areas, added 2-3 workers per civ (for fallout), fixed issues with units, edited assets folders
    revised all units, removed some ICBMS, add some other units, allowed all game speeds, edited vote options
    made Great lakes navigable, edited canada, added MiG-21; added ACV; added new model for T-80;
    added full soundtrack

KNOWN ISSUES:
    * Sluggish; you should optimize your settings for this mod, it has a large (1.6mb) map.
    * Religions: as of yet I havent coded much for them, and I would like to find out what it does in game. You shouldn't be able to choose a state religion. I would be grateful for suggestions.
    * Unit AI; in specific ICBMs, the game usually starts with a nuclear AI sluggfest on turn one. (waiting for SDK)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    Extract the contents of the .ZIP file into C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilixation 4\Mods
    Be sure to move the "Second Revolution 1.3.Civ4WorldBuilderSave" file to your PublicMaps folder, afterwards.
    Then, run program, and at the main menu, select advanced options, and Load a Mod, and select Second Revolution. The game will restart. When the new menu appears, select play now, select play scenario, then select the file Second Revolution 1.3.Civ4WorldBuilderSave.
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by GarretSidzaka; April 8, 2006, 08:36.
    ModCastNewest Episode!

Comment

also reserved
      ModCastNewest Episode!

Comment

Has anyone downloaded this one yet at apolyton? Any one care to give a review before next patch comes out?
        ModCastNewest Episode!

Comment

there is now a new update with full soundtrack
          ModCastNewest Episode!

Comment

Sorry everyone! I just now update the download mirror. I sure do feel stupid. Check out the latest version with soundtrack!
            ModCastNewest Episode!

Comment

Second_Revolution_1.6Cpatch.zip

here is the patch!
              ModCastNewest Episode!

Comment

Working...
              X