[MOD] GreatPersonMod v1.6 by DucisPatricius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MOD] GreatPersonMod v1.6 by DucisPatricius

GreatPersonMod v1.6 by DucisPatricius (Original Idea and much of the code by Snoopy) and by RobO (civfanatics.com)

Here is the file...

Mirror1: http://files.filefront.com/GreatPers.../fileinfo.html

EDIT: Not sure how to post the file ontp Apolyton...if anyone could tell me, I would much appreciate it...this is over the 10MB limit the site sets.

Much thanks to Tableist and Alerum68 for helping find quotes and RobO for his help with the CvCustomEventManager (all at www.civfanatics.com)

What this Mod does:
    --------------------------

Whenever a great person, such as a great artist or prophet is born in any of YOUR cities, a window will popup, showing you a picture and a quote from the great person.
    Like This:

Install Instructions:
    -------------------------
    Unzip the contents into Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization IV\MODS
    (Just Overwrite the Great PersonMOD in there if you have installed the other one.)

Running the Mod
    ---------------------
    1. Start Civilization IV
    2. From the menu, go to advanced, then click on Load a Mod
    3. Load Great People Mod
    4. Civilization IV will restart
    5. Start a game as usual

Note that everytime you want to play your game, Civilization IV will have to restart and load the mod.

The file size of this Mod is roughly 17mb.

Note: If you wish to run this mod every time the game starts up, place the files into their respectable areas in the CustomAssets file in your MyGames\Civilization IV\ Folder

Changes v1.1
    Changed Pictures and Quotes and fixed wrong names
    Changes v1.2
    Fixed problem with centering pop-up at lower resolutions
    Changes v1.5
    Moved the event Manager into CvCustomEventManager for better Mod Merging(by RobO)
    Removed CvEventInterface
    Fixed Ananda's Name
    Fixed Typo in Moses
    Added Great Scientist, Great Prophet, Great Artist, Great Merchant, and Great Engineer.
    Changes v1.6
    Fixed Custom Event Manager Problems that I messed up ( thanks to RobO for fixing this)
    Fixed Aristotle's Name
    Fixed Isaac Newton's Name
    Fixed Custom Event Interface problems(thanks to RobO)
    Last edited by DucisPatricius; March 10, 2006, 00:36.

Forgot to Mention:
    Feedback and Suggestions are GREATLY Appreciated

Thanks,
    DucisPatricius

Comment

Seems like a great idea, I wish Firaxis had implimented something like this in the begining. I'll try it out later. Thanks

Comment

It's great, what else can I say? I'm playing a game right now (trying for my first culture win) and I really like the little bit of extra flavor it adds. Since I'm going for the culture win I've seen an above average number of great people.

I haven't had any technical issues with it.

It would be a nice mod to combine with other mods, because it is a fairly minor change, but I guess that is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by drsparnum
          It's great, what else can I say? I'm playing a game right now (trying for my first culture win) and I really like the little bit of extra flavor it adds. Since I'm going for the culture win I've seen an above average number of great people.

I haven't had any technical issues with it.

It would be a nice mod to combine with other mods, because it is a fairly minor change, but I guess that is impossible.
          Hi Drsparnum, thanks for the feedback...I appreciate it. About combining it with other mods, it actually isnt that tough, just involves some cut and paste with XML. Tell me what mod you want to combine it with and I will see what I can do.

Patricius

Comment

I havn't tried it yet, but I put it in the program files version of the game (as opposed to on My Documents) would it still work?

Comment

Yes, I believe it will still work. I just generally like to stay out of the program files just to be safe, but adding it to the mod folder should not cause any harm...MAKE SURE that you do not put any of it in the assets file in the program files as that will irrevocably change the game.

Patricius

Comment

I guess my favorite mod is the Europa Europa mod (on civ fanatics, Europe map, Europe religions, Europe only civs), which I played three times, but I'm trying new mods all the time, so I don't know what will be next. I mean, I'm planning on playing The Ancient Mediteranean, The Harry Potter and the Kinddom of Heaven mods I've seen. Your mod is only a positive (it's a little extra atmosphere) that I'd like it to be hardcoded right into the game. I don't really see why someone wouldn't want it unless they wanted to save all the time and computer power possible. The closest thing I think to your mod is the wonder movies, nice to have, why wouldn't you want them. I wish you could get your mod right into the game itself so you could just toggle off this info in the options menu, but I'm sure that's not feasible.

If I play multiplayer with this mod, does everyone need to have this mod running? I'm guessing yes, but I never tried.

Comment

Originally posted by DucisPatricius
                  Yes, I believe it will still work. I just generally like to stay out of the program files just to be safe, but adding it to the mod folder should not cause any harm...MAKE SURE that you do not put any of it in the assets file in the program files as that will irrevocably change the game.

Patricius
                  Where else would I put it in the program files? Well anyway, I could just take out those files and replace the orginal XML right? So it would go back.

Eigher way, It works fine and I don't really want to take it out, I like that. Thanks

Comment

Well, I took a look at Europa Europa and there are no conflicting files so all you have to do is copy the Assets file of The Great Person Mod and paste it directly onto the file you have for Europa mod...a little pop-up will come up and say this folder already contains a folder named assets ...just push yes to all and you are good.
                    Load the game with EE3 Mod and it will contain the new pop-ups.

Tell people you know to download this mod, if you really want something like this put into the game by Firaxis, it has to be really popular.

And Qwertqwert, Enjoy

Sincerely,
                    Patricius

Comment

Will do, this is the best mod I've ever seen, really adds to the game in a way no other mod I've seen does.

Comment

Hay, so far I've noticed some bugs. When I get Chuang-Tzu it comes up with a pink screen, and sometimes I get no name (just "born in Bejing") and those screens are also pink.

Comment

Note: If you wish to run this mod every time the game starts up, place the files into their respectable areas in the CustomAssets file in your MyGames\Civilization IV\ Folder
                          ...could you explain the above? I want it to load evry time as long as it doesnt change+ does this change anything else in the game? (ie.) ...to let it run evry time?[B][COLOR=red][I][QUOTE]

Comment

Hi-
                            I am really enjoying this mod. It's a very nice addition. I was wondering if it's possible to run more than one at once, for example if I wanted to run both this and GreenMod.

ciresi0081: There's another way to make it run automatically, described in the readme for GreenMod: open the _Civ4config file in notepad, look for:

[CONFIG]
                            ; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
                            ;Mod = 0

replace the 0 with the directory of the mod, for example
                            Mod = Mods\GreatPersonMod

Comment

Can't seem to get it working with 1.61.

Anyone else tried it?

\Skodkim

Comment

Working...
                              X