Clear All

• [MOD] CivBloos Prophets Mod

[MOD] CivBloos Prophets...

----------------------------------------
    My Prophets Mod
    ----------------------------------------

CivBloo'sProphets:

Note: the earlier file had an error which I've fixed. Here's the new file:

A mod for civ4 based on Thomas Hudson's True Prophets Mod. This mod makes substantial xml changes throughout the entire civ4 xml infrastructure, changing the whole civ4 experience dramatically. Everything from religion to units to civs to leaders to wonders and buildings and even civics, etc., has undergone revision to enhance the atmosphere. Aside from that and the modpacks listed below, all changes have been purely cosmetic, changing game concepts by xml only.

Other custom assets changes have been introduced. I've added the un mod, BadRonald's wonderful flags, and ChaotikVisions' excellent Portrait mod (which helps save memory by altering the diplo screens), and the Era Splashes mod, as well as Willowmound's ActualQuotesDiplomacy mod.

I made this mod for myself, but find it so enjoyable I thought I'd share.

-CivBloo

Notes: The Wonders have been changed conceptually only, i.e. the vanilla Wonder Movies and icons have been retained, only the concepts have changed. You have to suspend disbelief a little, but the overall result is fun.

--------
    Install:
    --------

Install CivBloosProphets.zip directly into your mods directory: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods.

Download here:
    --------------

Last edited by CivBloo; March 13, 2006, 06:07.

Here's a more detailed overview of the mod:

----------------------------------
    Overview

There are no drastic changes in the mod to unbalance the game in any way. The only mod used as substantially changing anything other than merely cosmetic, is Thomas C. Hudson's brilliant True Prophets Mod. All other alterations are either graphic (i.e.BadRonald's flags and ChaotikVision's portraits) or merely concepts of text. Yet I feel the overall effect generated by such subtle changes make this mod worth playing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Acknowledgments:

Willowmound: ActualQuotesDiplomacy Text v1.21
    ChaotikVisions: Portrait Mod
    Thomas C Hudson: True Prophets Mod
    Era Splashes Mod

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Details
    These are the Mods incorporated:

United Nations Mod
    Still-Portrait Mod
    True Prophets Mod
    ActualQuotesDiplomacy Text Mod
    BadRonald's Custom Colors and Flags
    Era Splashes

The meat and potatoes of this mod are in the overall tone set by the graphics (i.e. modern flags) and textual atmospherics (everything from the leaders to the names of their countries and everything in between, from Wonders to Civics to forms of Government, all have been revised to set a unique vision of the game that is fun as a diversion.

THE LEADERS:

I've changed most of the leaders' names to mere titles (like King or President), save those which are inexplicably coded so as to prevent changing their names (like Hattie and Cattie and Vicki). I did this because it seems absurd to think that a single ruler like Julius Caeser might reign for thousands of years, so by merely changing the name to a title like "President of Italy", this is remedied.

THE NATIONS:

The names of the countries have been altered to correspond with the new flags; and these (by short description) are:

U.S.A.
    Iraq
    Mexico
    China
    Egypt
    Britain
    France
    Deutschland
    Greece
    Peru
    India
    Japan
    Central Africa
    Mongolia
    Iran
    Italy
    Soviet Union
    Spain

Minor Nations are now called Rebel Nations, and Barbarians are Dissidents.

RELIGION CHANGES:

All religion-based changes in the game have been textual only, not graphic, so you still see the original icons but with different names. The religions are:

Judaism
    Catholicism (for Christianity)
    Islam
    Orthodoxy (for Hinduism)
    Buddhism
    Paganism (for Confuncianism)
    Illuminism (a kind of futurist new-agey religion for Taoism)

CIVICS CHANGES:

Totalitarianism (was Despotism)
    Monarchy (was Hereditary Rule)
    Republic (was Representation)
    Martial Law (was Police State)
    Democracy (was Universal Suffrage)

Clans (was Barbarism)
    Feudal Territories (was Vassalage)
    Bureacratic Government
    Nationalist Government
    Free Speech

Tribal Society (was Tribalism)
    Slavery
    Peasantry (was Serfdom)
    Aristocracy (was Caste System)
    Emancipation

Decentralization
    Controlled Economy (was Mercantilism)
    Free Market
    Communist Economy (was State Property)
    Enviornmentalism

Tribal Religion (was Paganism)
    Organized Religion
    Theocracy
    Separation of Church & State (was Pacifism)
    Religious Tolerance (was Free Religion)

As a side note, tech changes have been made where appropriate; for example, philosophy has been converted to Atheism, which leads to construction of the Wonder, Darwinism (which replaces Angkor Wat).

OTHER CHANGES

A couple of the resources have been changed. There are drug resources in the mod as well. These are opium, hashish, and cocaine, all of which have been popular trade resources for centuries. Also some of the improvements have been renanmed but no significant changes were made, for instance I've got "Shops" instead of "Market" and "Scholars" for "Library".

This mod is nothing more than a minor graphic and textual alteration of the structure of the game, with minor additional mods like UN Mod etc. thrown in for good measure.

Hope it is enjoyed.
    -CivBloo

Comment

link leads to Uploads page, which says that there is no file. what's the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by cucka
        link leads to Uploads page, which says that there is no file. what's the issue?

Sorry bout that, it seems the file got corrupted. I've uploaded the new file again and edited the above post with the new link, also here it is:

I'll also upload my CivBloo's Basics mod in case you'd like to play with just the basic alterations, i.e. without the True Prophets addition.

-CivBloo
        Last edited by CivBloo; March 13, 2006, 06:08.

Comment

Working...
        X