Carving up defeated nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carving up defeated nations

I was at war against Saladin and Mao, with the rest of the world allied with me, and I started to think how it would be nice to guarantee ownership of a city or group of cities once an enemy is defeated, to help bolster support for allies to join you in war. Specifically, you could take a leadership position and assign cities to certain allies if they join you in war, instead of the free-for-all grab-fest that often results, creating strange patchworks of captured cities when bringing in allies against someone, and their eventual defeat. I've never had a problem capturing cities I wanted, myself, but there have been several games where I wanted to give a close friend many cities that were subsequently captured by other allies, and there's no way to force them to give the cities to the other guy.

A better way to make it work might be to try to direct the AIs, similar to how you can do with humans with the strategy layer. Basically say you attack here, and you there.

Now, there already is a system like that in place. If you go to the diplomacy with a civ that's at war with another civ, and go:

Let's discuss something else... -> Why don't you attack ... ->

You'll get there a list of enemy cities, and you can direct the AIs attack. Though I don't know how well they follow your directions here, as I've never actually used that feature much.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

I thought about that, but I've noticed that option doesn't show up all the time... in fact I've only seen it about 1/4 of the time I've looked for it. I'm not sure what influences the option to come and go (shrug)

Comment

Maybe you can just propose cities the AI can reach in one round?

Comment

Working...
        X