Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kill List Mod -- track what each of your units has killed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill List Mod -- track what each of your units has killed.

Version 1.0
    02/26/2005
    by Roger Bacon

Get it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=160977

--WHAT IT IS--
    This mod gives each of your uints a 'kill list' -- a list of each unit it has killed. It gives the nationality, unit type, and year of the kill.

--HOW TO USE THIS MOD--

Place your mouse over the unit whose kill list you want to see and press the 'K' key (not capitalized) on the keyboard.

Enjoy,
    Roger Bacon

Fancy.

A couple questions:

Does it affect game saves at all? (In other words, can I use the mod on a game in progress?)

Does it keep track of all battle wins or only kills? So, say I attack, and my unit withdraws (which nets me experience), will that be listed as well?

Vovan
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
      Fancy.

A couple questions:

Does it affect game saves at all? (In other words, can I use the mod on a game in progress?)
      It should work on a game in progress. In my experience python-only changes are ok for games in progress. XML changes don't work so well. This mod is python only.

Does it keep track of all battle wins or only kills? So, say I attack, and my unit withdraws (which nets me experience), will that be listed as well?

Vovan
      It only tracks kills, hence the name "Kill List".

Roger Bacon

Comment

Nice mod!

Will download this tonight!
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

2 questions

Dear Roger,

Your mod is something similar to civilization s 1 military advisor in which he used to display loses of your country against others?
          also...please dont take it bad...how did you put this flag to japan?

Comment

Re: 2 questions

Originally posted by aracuan_76
            Dear Roger,

Your mod is something similar to civilization s 1 military advisor in which he used to display loses of your country against others?
            Not really. It is a popup windo for the unit you had the mouse over when you hit 'K' on the keyboard. Each unit has it's own kill list. Click on the picture in the first post and you will see an example.

also...please dont take it bad...how did you put this flag to japan?
            It's one of the 30+ mods I've downloaded and combined together. I forgot where exactly I got it from. It is not included with my kill list mod.

Roger Bacon

Comment

You have some left-overs from other mods in this mod's CustomEventManager. You tried to comment them all out, but when releasing a mod, it's better to completely delete the un-needed ones. I'll only list those you forgot to comment though:

44 : RemoveWater
              120 : CulturalDecay
              265 : CulturalDecay
              280 : CulturalDecay
              294 : CulturalDecay
              321-326 : RemoveWater

Remember, these are just the ones you forgot to put in comments. I would just remove all those commented-out parts of other mods.
              no sig

Comment

Originally posted by rogerbacon
                It should work on a game in progress. In my experience python-only changes are ok for games in progress. XML changes don't work so well. This mod is python only.
                Ah, good. I just didn't know if you stored this data somewhere in the save file as the game progressed, or got it from existing game data.

Vovan
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
                  You have some left-overs from other mods in this mod's CustomEventManager...
                  Thanks. I've updated it now. That's the biggest problem to release a mod when you have tons of things combined together.

Roger Bacon

Comment

Working...
                  X