Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Text] Finnish translation

Hi!

I have translated Civ 4 into Finnish. There was also an collaborative project for translating the Civilopedia. It was ready in 22nd July 2006.

If Firaxis wants my humble piece of work, please contact me.

Download it from the translation info page (Version 1.75 in 06/07/22)

For Finnish users: käykää katsomassa ja kokeilemassa. Modin voi ladata linkin kautta.

Little advertisement of every Finmods:
    Civ4 FinMod (by Uluk)
    Civ3 Conquest Finnish Civilization Mod (by Drift)
    Civ3 FinMod (by Paaltio)
    Civ3 FinlandMod (by me)
    Civ 3 sauna building (by Ukas)
    Last edited by Kahkonen; July 23, 2006, 16:07.
    FinlandMod v1.1 for Civ3 1.29f - | - Civ 4 suomennos v1.20/060215 - (Finnish translation for Civ4 1.61)

Hey, just wanted to say that your FinMod is awesome
    CSPA

Comment

Finnish translation is ready

Now it is ready
      FinlandMod v1.1 for Civ3 1.29f - | - Civ 4 suomennos v1.20/060215 - (Finnish translation for Civ4 1.61)

Comment

Moi! / Hi!

Thanks for this translation! In think in most parts the current version is a good and creative/funny one, just in the spirit of original, but there some issues that distracted me a little.
        I have played only one game in finnish, and then had a quick look at part of the diplomacy text file, where I’d like to see some of the following changes, even though part of them may be just a matter of opinion.

Hopefully others do some proof reading too as for my part this is uncomplete. And again thanks to Kähkönen for this work. And Uluk for Finmod. (I only hope someday to be able to combine Finmod with some others like superciv and new balance etc.)

So here we go:

Fool= ”typerys” tai ”tyhmyri”

our two great peoples = kaksi suurta kansaamme

puny = mitätön
        ”Minä haluan rauhaa kaikkien naapureideni kanssa - jopa sinun mitättömän kulttuurisi.”

annoying= ärsyttävä
        ”..halajaa rauhaa kaikkien kanssa - jopa niinkin todella ärsyttävien kuin sinun kanssasi.”

horde= sotajoukko
        Sotajoukkoni (not ”hevoseni”) voittaa sinun joukkosi koska vain.

Haluaisitko salaattia?
        Care for some salad?

”Minulla on peruukkeja, jotka ovat sinua välkympiä.” (only typo)

”On ajanhukkaa jutella **tyhmyreiden** kanssa.”
        It is a waste of time to speak with fools.

”..porvarikapitalististen sortajien.. ”
        bourgoise capitalist opressors

”..en neuvottele sinun kaltaistesi kanssa! Mene ennen kuin kasakkani hakkaavat sinut paloiksi!”(only typos)

--
        diplomacy meunu:

care to negotiate? = "halua(isi)tko seuvotella" tai "neuvotellaanko"

inventions:

machinery = "koneet"

Parhain terveisin/best greetings
        KK
        Last edited by Kunkku Kenkku; February 26, 2006, 05:24.

Comment

Thank you very much for your great mistake report!
          (and same in Finnish:
          Kiitti!

Comment

Fixed. Korjattu.

Comment

(by Kizor)
              Calling all Finns!
              Having otherwise completed his awe-inspiring work in bringing Civilization IV to Finnish, Kahkonen has founded a collaborative project for the final stage - translating the Civilopedia!

And we're recruiting.
              So if you have good Finnish and English skills and dangerously little sanity, your country's gamers need you. The maestro has whipped up an easy-to-use translating enviroment where volunteers can view the current state of the project and make changes as they wish, so newcomers can jump right in and no commitments are necessary. The work is incorporated into the downloadable translation mod in the next of its frequent updates.

A word of warning to the idiots, though - every change is recorded, as are the makers' IPs.

At present, the project has a small handful of dedicated workers. Barely over a tenth of the work has been completed, so there's plenty of opportunities left - and we can use a hand!
              If you're interested, contact the leader ( mika.kahkonen(at)mbnet.fi ) for the URL plus the account name and password. For questions, please contact either him or me ( Moosedance(at)gmail.com ).

Comment

And now, we have completed our Civilopedia translation project. Now 100 % of it is translated.

Now, who uses this ever?

Comment

Good effort, mate.

Comment

Thanks for your offer. spanish translation
                    S

Comment

Working...
                    X