Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Utility] Civ4 Mod Launcher

Civilization IV Mod Launcher

I didn't like having to start and then restart the game to load a mod, and I didn't want to have to create individual shortcuts for each one I might want to use, so I created a simple launcher program. My friends told me I should post it somewhere, so here it is.

It just lists the mods it finds, and selecting the desired entry and clicking "Launch" (or just double-clicking the name) will run Civ4 with that mod. The first (and default) entry is "(no mod)", so it can also be used to launch the game without any mods. There's also a "(random mod)" entry, which, surprisingly enough, chooses a random mod from the list and launches it.

The program doesn't modify the registry or any files, and it doesn't care where you put it. This new version should have no special dependencies, unlike the old one, which required the .NET Framework 2.0. The new one also now supports Windows XP visual styles.

See below for file.
    Last edited by a-zwei; February 6, 2006, 14:26.

You should submit your utility to the directory.

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Excellent idea but I'm not a fan of .NET
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Could you include "Random" as an option so it will choose a mod at random?
        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

How adventurous.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

New Version

Vince278: I don't really like .NET, either, but it was by far the easiest, considering that the program needs to access the registry to find the game installation directory. However, I decided to rewrite it in pure C, and the new version is now posted. No .NET at all.

The Rusty Gamer: The new version also has a random option!

Comment

Here's the new file.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by a-zwei; February 6, 2006, 15:01.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Click on that, a-zwei - that way it can be listed in the Apolyton Directory, where we keep files people might want to download, like yours
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I am having trouble getting it to work. Whenever I start it, it says "Couldn't find users mode directory". Doesn't matter where I try to run it from, it won't work. Little help?

Comment

Working...
                    X