Help requested, involving movement and city radii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help requested, involving movement and city radii

I have some modding ideas for Civ4, but I don't know how to go about bringing them to life, probably because for all I know, they require heavy-duty tweaking of the Python files, and my programming skills are rather low...

1: Suppose a unit has a certain number of movement points left and wants to move to an adjacent square, to which getting there requires more movement points. What I'd like is for the unit to still be able to get there, but for the extra movement cost needed be deducted from the unit next turn. (It seems odd that nonpromoted warriors can snake through forested and hilly terrain as fast as open terrain.)

2: Have it be where it takes more movement pointage (around 41% more) to travel to an adjacent tile that only shares an integer than to a tile that shares a whole edge. (It also seemed odd that the range of how far a unit can go in a given time in open space is also a square. An octagon should be alright, though.)

3: Have the city radii (and possibly cultural borders) based on whether or not a civilian or transport unit can reach that tile in question within a certain amount of time. ...like 2.5 turns for a one-way trip. This should account how going over water would not be a good idea unless it involves a transport-friendly river, a helicopter, or a city. (It always seemed logical to me that the reason these boundaries aren't infinite is because it takes time to get from one place to another.)

4: Add a second, larger city radius, and have it where if a city gathers resources from within that radius but not within the smaller radius, then two people would be needed to work that one tile. (just in case one still needs to go that extra 100 miles, and is willing to put more effort to do so)

5: Make it where when building roads, one must specify the direction the road must go (or at least spend more time working on the roads). (Having the city radii and maybe cultural borders depend on movement is going to overpower the roads. This modification is designed to at least balance that out, and maybe give the workers something to do if there's nothing else.)

Any suggestions on how or where to try to accomplish these?
    Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
    +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
    http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Yes good suggestions, most of them I wanted for a long time. But I think you will have to wait for the SDK that will be probably be release in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I think I can wait until then. Thanks.
      Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
      +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
      http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
      X