Mod idea: Chemical Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod idea: Chemical Weapons

I was considering the other day ideas of making civ IV battle more realistic and making battle against "3rd world" countries in civ 4 more difficult to beat. I began considering chemical weapons.

1. they should be easy and cheap to develop so that smaller countries can build them as they are in real life.

2. should be short range, and usable only against cities to A. drop population B. damage defending units and usable against any invading units within its range to damage them badly.

3. may need new resources, for later disscusion.

I welcome any feedback and ways to implement this idea the only thing I request is to keep this strictly to game terms and not a moral discussion of such weapons. Thank you for your feedback
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

I was considering a similar mod a little while back...

While I agree with your ideas in general, I think something like you describe requires significant balancing.

Cheap and damaging are usually a bad combination. I'm looking to introduce some diplomatic checks and balances around such a weapon, similar to nukes. Lately I haven't had the time to work on any mods, but this would be one I'd consider for sure.
    15 years of Civ addiction and counting.

Comment

Definately, please keep me posted on any progress, also the reason I said cheap is I'm trying to find ways to make smaller countries more formadable when invading them. As far as small weaker countries they appear to be as easily invaded as they were in Civ 3. I'd like to try and make a little less easy for more interesting game play
      atrocities.
      - Voltaire

Comment

also Chemical weapons could make a great addition to a U.N. resolution, banning them, limiting them etc. and sanctions on countries that have them
        atrocities.
        - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
        X