I liked the original Civilopedia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked the original Civilopedia...

I know this sounds weird, but I'm actually one of the few players (maybe the only one) who really liked the old civilopedia, or more precisely, how it used large icons instead of text to display the entries.

I like the fact that the new patch improved the civpedia by adding more cross-linking to other entries, but I really miss the big icons... Is there a way I can have them back?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Voce e do Brasil? Eu sou brasileiro.

Anyways... I really liked the old Civilopedia too. Unfortunatly I don't think their going to put it back. Unless someone makes a mod which will be like impossible to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Almd
      Voce e do Brasil? Eu sou brasileiro.
      Diz aí, Almd! Você conhece o CivBrasil? É um bom site sobre civ, o maior feito no Brasil...

Anyway, about the civpedia, I think that maybe it is not that difficult to mod this (large icons) into the game. I wonder if I could use the original civpedia files instead of the newest ones from the patch, BUT keeping the cross-linking the patch introduces...
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Well, I completely re-modded the civilopedia to display ONLY text when it was originally only showing icons. It wasn't that hard to do. In theory you could take the ORIGINAL CvPediaMain.py file (from /assets/python/screens/) and put that into the new directory with the other new screens and it would bring back the old style, but you'd have to do a little python work to make them play nice because Firaxis made a few changes.

Anyway, I went to the trouble to improve it in the opposite direction from what you guys seem to like--different tastes I guess! But I wanted to let you know changing it back could be done.

Comment

Working...
        X