Late-game Farm graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late-game Farm graphics

I have created a city improvement called "Factory Farm", which yields a lot of food and becomes available with Refrigeration.

I want to use the early-game farm graphics for the original Farm, and the late-game graphic for the Factory Farm. How can I do that?
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Experimenting with swapping the Farm and Factory Farm around...

Comment

Yes, that would be cool. The code you need to adjust would have something to do with the art definitions (obviously), but for each era. This shouldn't be too difficult to track down; I will look for it.

Actually, I'm not sure that you can change the art definition for a terrain improvement to be implemented when a particular tech (in this case Refrigeration) is discovered.

The other, perhaps easier, option is to create a new terrain improvement (Factory Farm) which can be created by workers after the advent of Refrigeration. You could then use the NIF and KDF files from Farm but adjust the DDS skins to alter the appearance. Then all you'd have to do is define the improvement with the benefits you wish, and viola! I think that is definitely the easier route, but will it satisy your intentions?
      One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
      "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Originally posted by rjwoer
        The other, perhaps easier, option is to create a new terrain improvement (Factory Farm) which can be created by workers after the advent of Refrigeration. You could then use the NIF and KDF files from Farm but adjust the DDS skins to alter the appearance. Then all you'd have to do is define the improvement with the benefits you wish, and viola!
        That's what I did, but then I only got the ancient-looking farm house without the field.

Comment

Working...
        X