No announcement yet.

[Map Script] Tectonics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDiCesare, this concept sounds remarkable. However, for those of us who are a little application-challenged, how do we install this map and call it it fom inside warlords? Thanks so much for all your hard work.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Public Maps

Just call it up as you would any other map. It'll work with both versions of Civ4
      Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
      "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by MMC
        C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Public Maps
        C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Public Maps

.... if you want to use it with Warlords.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Thanks, Stuie and MMC. (I think I'm supposed to ask MMC, "Who are you?" Is that right?
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
            C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Public Maps

.... if you want to use it with Warlords.
            This will prevent it from working with Vanilla Civ4. Putting it in the folder I mentioned will make it visible to both Vanilla and Warlords.
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
              Thanks, Stuie and MMC. (I think I'm supposed to ask MMC, "Who are you?" Is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by MMC

This will prevent it from working with Vanilla Civ4. Putting it in the folder I mentioned will make it visible to both Vanilla and Warlords.
                When I had it only in the vanilla folder, it was NOT appearing in Warlords. I had to put it there as well.

A problem: the 60% water map in 3.6 wraps on every edge (top, bottom and both sides). Haven't tried it yet in 3.9 and I was pretty far into my current game when I discovered the problem.... so I'll fire up 3.9 when I have a chance and see if it happens there as well.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yes the Y wrap-up is a bug that has been corrected in 3.8. Sorry about it. I myself discovered it quite late, since it's not obvious when you don't even think of sailing north of the north pole.
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

What has been changed in 3.9? I couldn't find a changelist for this version here or in the phyton file itself.

Comment

3.9 change is: Corrected Y-wrap on maps.
                      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

love this map type. keep working
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Quick question:

Does this script have an auto-installer?

If not, where do I put the files?

Comment

Originally posted by Magyar Madness
                            Quick question:

Does this script have an auto-installer?

If not, where do I put the files?
                            Quick answers:

No.

Read the posts of this thread, it's not that difficult.

Comment

Is 3.9 Still Broken?

Tried using 3.9 and still have no trees or jungle on any standard, large or huge maps with 60% water. You get 3-4 forests in the initial city site and not another one on the whole map.

Comment

I do not reproduce that. I get forests correctly. You can check the last lines of the .py file and try removing the lines from def addFeatures(): to the end of the file.

Comment

Working...
                                X