Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Creation Help

First off,

I've read through the Initial Python Reference thread.
    Second, I have no real coding knowledge/ability. I can edit things and copy and paste, and figure things out.

Currently, I am making a mod (scenario currently). I have the map set up, and I have been trying to alter things as best I can using the save game file.

Now though, I want to include some events, and other changes.

Has anyone created any sort of "how to use Civ IV Python for beginners" helper?

Yes, I saw all the information Locutus gave us, but to me that info is meaningless as I am not sure what it all means, where I can find it, and how it should be altered.
    What I really need, is a simple example... going from the very basic steps of "go to this file..." then "find this line" and so on, including what sort of information I need to include to make a working event, or feature modification.

Here's an example.... I don't know what any of this info would allow me to do, or what each of the arguments actually means, or what I need to write in. I have some ideas, but know real understanding...

onCombatCalc
    'Combat Result'
    arguments: cdAttacker, cdDefender, iDefenderOdds

---------
    anyways, I really just need some beginner's help. Even just going through a really simple event and how to write up workable code for it... and what editor program(s) to use. I primarily use notepad as I have notepad.

thanks to anyone who can give some help

-Zen Blade
    FARSCAPE......................
Working...
X