Scientific Trait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientific Trait

I have made a new leader Trait called Scientific and its almost ready to release, just wanted to get some feedback on what people think a good balanced amount of Reserch bonus would be?

This will be the same kind of Bonus you get from Buildings a % incresse Bonus but its their for all your cities all the time from day 1 (I mean year 4000BC). In addition I think it should give half price to Libraries and Observatories.

I think 20% at most otherwise it could be realy overpowering. This will ofcorse need some play testing, I just want to get a good idea of the starting point. If a % bonus is too good then a flat per city bonus (like the +2 culture bonus) might be aplicable.

On a related note I was noticing that Units seem to have the same tag that Buildings use for their Trait related bonuses, hypotheticaly different units could be cheaper under a particular leader Trait. So cheaper Missionaries for a Spiritual leader or cheaper Settlers for an Expantionist leader would be possible. Do thouse sound like usefull additions?
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Bear in mind that this trait will stack really nicely with both Financial (more commerce and more research on the commerce) and Philosophical (cheaper universities with more research from them).
    Participating in my threads is mandatory. Those who do not do so will be forced, in their next game, to play a power directly between Catherine and Montezuma.

Comment

Working...
    X