Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! Problem with modified tech chart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Problem with modified tech chart!

have expanded my tech tree, and reorganized it.
    I have plans for over 40 new techs...
    But I have hit a snag after integrating just 4 new techs and 3 new buildings!

The buildings all work fine, but the Techs are refusing to recognize their prereqs!

Fishing should lead to Boat Building which leads to Sailing.
    But both Boat Building and Sailing show no prereqs!

Since tesing this at home last night, I have made one tiny change this morning which is still untested and that is I have Changed any Civ that starts with The Wheel to start with Carpentry instead which now leads to The Wheel and is required to build a Shipwright which you get from Boat Building...

And furthermore, the arrows have all gone mad on the tech tree.

The order of techs is not significantly changed, their place on the tech chooser has changed however. They have been bumped horizontally to make room for new techs and have been moved vertically in most cases to accomodate the new layout...but now it seems to be having trouble determining what leads to what...

I have re-orderd the techs in the file to make them more logically placed in the main file...they now appear in order of collumn rather than the seemingly random order they originally appeared in...is that part of the problem? was their placement less random than I imagined?

The files can be found here:

and

I had to split it into two pieces to upload it.
    "Ceçi n'est pas une Signature!"

Arrows are only shown for techs that are in the "OR" category instead of the "required" category. Remember that if you have one tech for "OR" and one for "required", both will be required prereqs.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

I am aware of that.
      OrPrereqs show up with arrows
      AndPrereqs show up in the upper right of the tech block

I am getting neither of these effects.
      Download the mod and take a look.
      "Ceçi n'est pas une Signature!"

Comment

Working...
      X