Human player founds Judaism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human player founds Judaism?

I have got the impression that the human player most often founds Judaism when starting in late eras - when all religious techs are discovered?

Have you got the same impression?
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

I actually never used any starting other than the default so I don't know, but it sounds pretty unlikely to me?

Do you have some test numbers on this?

Check out my Atlas Map Generator

Generate, preview and play Civ IV maps of any size with the alternative Map Generator

Comment

i wasn't aware that in later starts (after religious techs) it is possible to found a religion. how can you trigger this?
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

It seems to be triggered about 3-4 turns into the game, any religion thats linked to a Tech that all players are being given at the start of the game just gets randomly founded. I have no idea how or why this is or from what code it is fired.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

ah, good to know! too bad that on industrial (and later) starts you cannot build monasteries so the only way to extend influence is by setting to that civic (theocracy, IIRC)

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
            ah, good to know! too bad that on industrial (and later) starts you cannot build monasteries so the only way to extend influence is by setting to that civic (theocracy, IIRC)
            Yep, some of us are in for a religious occurrence in a turn or two.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Can be quite useful if your neighbours don't have any religion yet. In my current game, 3 of the AIs (higland map) didn't have any religion so I hurried to build some missionaries and with by making only one of their cities hindu, they convertert automatically to hinuism and I made 3 new friends within a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

Yep, some of us are in for a religious occurrence in a turn or two.
                Yay!

I was wondering about this issue myself. Is it completely random, so that one person could be given all the religions, or is there a little balance so that no one person gets more than one religion, if there are still some without one.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

geomodder:
                  so in that case no need to rush for theology or philo or CoL

Comment

I think those with the religious trait have more chance to get one. At least, in a (SP) game which I started from the middle ages on as Saladin, a religion was founded in my second city a few turns after start.
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                    X