Can't see any XML files in folders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see any XML files in folders?

Hi! I've become fascinated with the ideas behind modding, but have never done it before. There are several great threads on this board in order to help me use XML, but when I open the folders in the civ4 directories, there is nothing in them. Do I need a special program to access / read these files?

Please help a guy who found most DOS commands confusing!

Thanks!
    I work from da home.

No, you shouldn't need any special program to see them. They can be opened in very simple programs like Notepad.

The only thing I can think of is that you are looking in the Civ4CustomAssets/XML directory instead of the Assets/XML directory? If you haven't made any customized XML files the former will be empty. You will find the original files in the latter.
    One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
    "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Yeah - a few minutes after I posted this I thought that may have been the problem. I found them in the correct place.

Thank you very much for your reply. Everybody in this forum is great!!

-Chris.
      I work from da home.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. Everybody in this forum is great!!
        You're welcome. And I agree. I'm glad to help (and sort of a n00b myself )
        One of these days I'll make 501 posts, and you won't have to look at my silly little diplomat anymore.
        "Oh my God, what a fabulous room. Are all these your guitars?"

Comment

Working...
        X