No announcement yet.

Making new unit graphics / animations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making new unit graphics / animations?

So I have in mind this neat scenario I could make, an RPG-style one with a cliche-but-still-fun adventure where the inhabitants of a small mountain village realize that an Evil Overlord is building up his Troops of Terror in the frozen peaks above them. Summoning to their aid a group of heroes, those valiant warriors must journey their way through a horde of undead, orcs and mountain trolls (among others), finding themselves new allies and friends and put an end to the Evil Overlord's plans before he can grow too powerful...

...with the only problem being, I obviously can't represent evil undead and frost dragons with the graphics from vanilla Civ. Now, if they were just vanilla 2D graphics I could probably take screencaptures from Warcraft III or somewhere and rip off those units. But not only are the units animated, I can't even find where the unit graphics & animations are located (CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml refers to "Art/Units/(Unitname)/(Unitname).nif" and "Art/Units/(Unitname)/(Unitname).kfm" but I can't find such a path anywhere)!

So... so... help?
    The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

If you unpak the art01.pak (or something - read threads about fixing the ATI gfx card problem pre-patch and download that tool) you have all the unit gfx. Then they are in said folder.

Comment

Working...
    X