Limiting Maxmium Tech Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limiting Maxmium Tech Level

Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to do this?

I mean, I love modern armor and all, but I rarely get to fight wars using units from earlier eras. All too quickly I'm having to replace archers/spearmen with pikeman and crossbowmen and then almost immediately with infantry.

I would just love to spend some more time on the lower levels and limiting the top end would do it.

I've been wondering about this as well.
    Anyone have any info?

Comment

An easier way to do that would be to increase the tech costs. That's what I've done (it goes well with turn increases, otherwise you'll likely never make it to the higher techs), and I get to spend a lot of time fighting with the lower techs.

Bh

Comment

But it should be easy to change the options. Not having to edit a file when you want to change the stop.

Comment

Has anyone thought about this or done a mod on this since November?

Comment

I assume you have tried the Marathon setting? It defintely lets you play with your earlier units for quite a while longer.

Comment

I agree with Kinjiru, try out the marathon speed, that should give you plenty of time with the different units
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Slowing things down always worked nicely for me. The marathon setting is cool but I'd like it to be even slower. When there is no tech trading the differences between civs become more pronounced.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Marathon won't do what I think he (and what I know I :P ) Would like.

Marathon gives you more turns sure, but it doesnt really give you any more play with a given era because it takes a proprotionately loner amount of time to build buildings and units.

So, you still have the same problem that by the time you have a good number of swordsmen and catapults ready to charge the enemy... they bcome obsolete by your own tech

I've tried to play with the tech, unit, and building costs but I just can't find any balance that works to allow more play with a given era.

I agree there should b an additional Option in the game creation that limits the tech era if desired.

Comment

Originally posted by KoBushi
                    Marathon gives you more turns sure, but it doesnt really give you any more play with a given era because it takes a proprotionately loner amount of time to build buildings and units.
                    AFAIK tech is slowed by 3x, but the time to build units is only slowed 2x
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X