Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you run two or more mods at same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you run two or more mods at same time?

Is it possible to run two or more mods at the same time?

eg. Random Events + Slower Tech Balance

If their respective changes are compatible, simply copy/paste the additions of one mod in the other.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

by compatible he means neither mod has any of the files of the other mod.. otherwise you have to do some crazy xml and python editing to merge the two files of the same name into one.
      ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Ghen...you have confirmed my worst fears!

Comment

You know what? I wish half life or quake used python/perl etc. That way we might see an end to the massed .Net and VB dross getting dumped all over the internet.

Comment

This little Program

It's great that this game is as moddable as it is, but one major shortcoming of the system is the inability to easily combine mods. I got fed up with hunting and merging changes by hand before I even started it. What we need is a mod switcher and since there are apparently none available yet...

can merge fils with out the mad cutting and Pasting. Say someone makes a Mod that raises the cost of all the Techs and another makes a Mod that changes their Pre-Requisites. Aslong as none of them change the same field the program can easily combine them, if their are colisions it reports them.

In the "Make your mods more Plugable" topped thread a give some details on how to use it and how people should Mod (their Python) for it to be as easy as possible to merge with.
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I have attempted to use this program package new Civilization Canada and Slower tech balance to no avail. The program keeps saying there are conflicts with Civ4leaderheadinfos even when I went through by hand and copied and pasted I still got the conflict. Any ideas?
              As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
              atrocities.
              - Voltaire

Comment

Working...
              X