No announcement yet.

[Scenario]Roman Kings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, i could build roads when i had 3 or 4 cities. Until then, warrior slaughter and trying to keep alive the most experienced units.
    Clasificación APT 2009: 91 puntos (4°) Clasificación APT 2010: 104 puntos (4°)
    Clasificación APT 2011: 70 puntos (10°) Clasificación APT 2012: 87 puntos (12°)
    Clasificación APT 2013: 90 puntos (12°) Clasificación APT 2014: 131 puntos (5°)

Comment

Hmm - if Rome just works its cottages, it never grows, so I've been starting by farming along the river, and when pop gets large switching into the cottages (and capturing the city to the east first and doing the same thing there), so my tech might start a little slow, but I think I'm gaining as fast as you can with 2 cities in the medium term, and it still takes me until the mid-600s (on Warlord level!) to get roadbuilding.

Comment

Well, i took the eastern city in the first turns, then builded a big army and went west, conquered that city and then to the south, where the latins dont have the combat promotion in their units, only 1 lancer plus some unpromoted warriors in them.

The dificulty level was monarch, the default one.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

My connection has been out of order for the past 5 days. No idea when the phone line will be repaired. So in the meantime I´m on holliday in a 3rd world country, where at least I have an internet connection that works!

As I'm on holliday I might not be able to do that much, but I am learning python so that I can program in events, rebellions, etc.

I´ll take into account the things that have been said, and try to make it better, and more fun

All suggestions on how to improve playability/gameplay are welcome.
          The Roman Kings scenario is now ready for play: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...tin.com/forum/

Comment

Yes, 2 things i think can aid to do the best roman scenario ever made.

To watch a chapter of BBC Rome TV serie before you put into work each time, and playing Rise and Fall of Roman Empire (RFRE) from Civ3.

Comment

I don´t have civ 3 - I never liked it after playing civ2 for so long

As to those bbc programs, I don´t have english programming - can I stream their shows online? Still...I'm generally wary of bbc 'historical' shows...its usually over simplified and 'spiced up' to improve ratings... There are probably many exceptions though. Is this series really good?
              The Roman Kings scenario is now ready for play: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...tin.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
              X