No announcement yet.

[Mod] The Ancient Mediterranean MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be clear there is a new version 1.71 of TAM at the TAM website. It is 1.61 patch compliant and made a few other minor changes.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

That´s the one I got. I just forgot the last "1"...
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The extraction does not seem to be working correctly at least not for me.

Make sure the TAM folder is in the Mod folder

Make sure the world builder map is in the map folder.

Then it should work. I posted over at the TAM website to let those guys know the new download is fubar.

Have a nice TAM easter
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Obviously you´re doing something wrong

And I´m having a very nice TAM easter

Comment

No the download is fubar when compared to the instructions given. We are working on making it right

Comment

Comment

Version 1.8 is up! Still uploading to the US mirror.
                My websites:
                - Ancient History Encyclopedia
                - The Ancient Mediterranean Mod
                - What is my search ranking?

Comment

Awesome, my favorite Civ III Mod is back for Civ IV, great job guys :-D
                  First spawn of ..............................

Comment

This mod keeps getting better and better; it's a really fine piece of design and I'm really looking forward to the planned additions. I do have a few comments:

- The wonders in the late game seem tremendously overpriced. Playing as the Romans, even a size 23 city with plenty of mines and engineers takes more than a hundred turn for late game wonders like Hypocratic Oath, Greek Fire Depository, Plato's Academy, and so on, making it not worth it even for an industrious civ.
                    - Greek Fire Depository doesn't seem to actually do anything, since I can still build fire galleys without it.
                    - Roman Legionary might be too overwhelming: +2 strength and the free commando promotion (not to mention the fact that it can build roads and fortresses) makes it rule the field from iron working all the way until heavy infantry is discovered. I like strong units, but maybe the commando ability is too much?

Thanks for all the hard work of you and your team.
                    Lime roots and treachery!
                    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Just to let you know that we've released version 1.92 and a new mappack.
                      My websites:

Comment

Great job guys and hello scaeva

Comment

Hi,
                          i found it very good, i was boring of CIV, but with your mod i play again,
                          but i've some problem with TAM (in french version).

I never have the starting technology,

in one round, i was attack by more than 100 barbarians units (and very soon in the game, just after building my 3rd city),

there's problems with names for saving (the é or è make unloaded the save, so you've to not forget change it before saving),

for last,
                          there's a very bad orthographic fault: "entaîrement cérémoniel" instead of "enterrement cérémoniel",
                          and i like the image of a queen (don't remember wich country), with a great barb...

perhaps, i don't install it clean, but i don't find simple explications...

Comment

Originally posted by pelon
                            I never have the starting technology,
                            Same problem here - I started a game as Rome and had NO starting techs, even though there were three listed starting techs.

Edit: This was on the Huge map - Normal map seems to be ok.
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Will be fixed in the next update!
                              My websites:

Comment

Cool mod by the way. I'm having fun romping around "our sea" as the Romans.
                                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                                X