Building Icons for City Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Icons for City Display

On the city name label there is a black circle for the Building being built...I cannot find where I insert the graphic for that...I know where the buttons are located in the game directory structure, but I am not sure I understand how that file is being used...I think its the second set of datum under < Button > with the grid coordinates...however I cant for the life of me figure out how that works since the existing .dds file with the round images doesn't seem to match the grid for any of the buildings that I have found...

HALP!
    "Ceçi n'est pas une Signature!"

hmm,
    only place your new pic (64x64 200p/i) in your mod folder:
    ...\YOURMODNAME\Assets\art\Interface\Buttons\Build ings\YOURBUILDINGNAME.dds

and include the new path in the
    ...\YOURMODNAME\Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Buil ding.xml file:

PHP Code:
    <Button>art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/YOURBUILDINGNAME.dds</Button
    and it should work.
    hope i could help.

Comment

Can you add entirely new buttons to the UI?

Tom P.

Comment

GIR,
        I know that one, that's how you add a button to the City screen, the build Queue, the Civlopedia etc...but its not how you add the little ROUND image to the main map display on the City information bar. When you are building something, if the only thing you have done is what you listed above, the new building will not display the little round image, and instead you get a white "!" in the little black circle under the city.

Comment

maybe i don't understand something, are you talking of this little round pic:

if yes, it should work - if no... sorry

Comment

Yes, that's the one I am talking about, but the string you list does not affect it. The string you list works for the Square buttons found elsewhere, but not for the small round image you show in your picture.

In the Art folder in buttons, there is a Tech Atlas.dds which has ALL of the round icons used in the rest of the game in a single grid...but I am not sure how this is utilized in the code if at all.

Comment

hmm, thats strange.
              i use the version 1.09 and it works for units and for wonders (modname: Monument)

for example that is the string for the wonder in the pic above:

PHP Code:
              <Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Builds/urlaubsparadies.dds</Button

Comment

And is the picture referred to by:
                < Button >Art/Interface/Buttons/Builds/urlaubsparadies.dds< /Button >the same image you are using for the square buttons?
                Last edited by FexFX; November 29, 2005, 16:50.

Comment

yes, i only insert one pic and it works for all (civlopedia, build button, main screan city info,...)

Comment

wow...a mystery...

Comment

GIR, Do you think you could attach the image you used so that I can check out the formatting on it...I think I MUST be missing something obvious...or maybe not obvious...

Comment

Comment

I actually downloaded this last night and tried it...
                          I replaced my image files with one of your image files...The one for the Hippodrome...
                          And It worked for me everywhere except for the circle under the city!!!

I DONT GET IT!

Comment

maybe dds converter2 will work - it's not the best, but it works...

First off in order to make a new skin you have to unpak the Art0.FPK file with the PakBuild utility found here: Windows XP: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads...y/PakBuild.zip Windows 2000: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads...ld-Win2000.zip Next you need to get a .dds...

Comment

can you upload your pic?
                              Last edited by GIR; November 30, 2005, 10:48.

Comment

Working...
                              X