Civ 3 feature I miss the most...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 feature I miss the most...

Being able to set the number of opponents independently of map size; 14 civs on a tiny map or 4 civs on the largest map. Is the number of opponents hard coded or is there a way to change that number?

Going through a custom game seems to let you choose less than the default number but it won't allow you to add more than one, as the default number seems to be one below the map's maximum.
    Thus having 4 civs on a huge map is possible without having to do anything, but having 14 on a tiny (or even a huge) isn't without tweaking some files.

Plus you can't edit the civilization names in custom mode, which you may or may not be bothered by.
    Wildcat Student

Comment

I could add more than just one. When I played on tiny the start possitions vere very very close to eachother .

Comment

Really? Most it'd allow me to have on the smallest size map was 4.
        Huge won't go above 12 (yet I've seen people bandying the number 18 about) though this may be bacause I haven't gone a tweaked things yet.
        Wildcat Student

Comment

I set up a Duell game with 18 players. Was fun. Short, but fun

Comment

You may not be noticing that when you add a new opponent, the scroll bar increases in size. So if the screen is full, once you've added a new player, you'll need to scroll down to add another one.

Bh

Comment

Originally posted by Bhruic
              You may not be noticing that when you add a new opponent, the scroll bar increases in size. So if the screen is full, once you've added a new player, you'll need to scroll down to add another one.

Bh
              Ah, that I missed. It accounts for the default always seeming to be one less than the "maximum" too.

Much obliged.
              Wildcat Student

Comment

Hadn't tried the custom game yet, thanks for filling me in on that...

Comment

Seems like you can add as many civs as you want to a map, I played a couple games on a duel sized map with all civs. It was pretty much city-states and was a lot of fun but lags for me unfortunately.

I miss the abandon city and destroy building commands the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broom
                    I miss the abandon city and destroy building commands the most.
                    But there is a mod that do just that :-).

Comment

Working...
                    X