How do I find mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find mods?

No I'm not a ******, just listen for half a second... Is manually flipping through all the pages in this forum the only way to find Civ4 mods? I went to Civ4 - Files - Mods: only 1 mod there. I tried to search the forums for "mod" in the title: "Sorry - no matches." What gives?

Almost all mods are still in design/creation/testing phase. Once they're completed, i'm sure that they'll be available from a download page.

In the meantime, if you're eager for a mod, why don't you make one of your own, or else help someone else make one?
    The Roman Kings scenario is now ready for play: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...tin.com/forum/

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

His point is that there are few mods that have actually made it to the directory, what with most of the ones available now still in development / testing. The only one in the directory is one so simple that even *I* could have made it.

Your best bet atm is to run a search of this creation forum for whatever you happen to want. Try a few keywords and combinations and if nothing turns up, you can start a thread for requests. If you aren't sure what you want, manually flipping through the pages in this forum isn't such a bad idea, and gives you a good rough idea on what is available.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

just look for threads starting with [Mod]

Comment

Ok thanks, I didn't realize the Files page was only for "finished" mods. But, there does seem to be something wrong with the Forum Search, as well as the Sort By Title...or is it just me?

Comment

Does the same for me - I search for "MOD" or "[MOD]" (sans quotes) and I find nada.

Comment

sorting

If I sort the files by 'thread title', in 'descending' order, then a nice orderly list appears, with 2 [utility]'s at the top (below the bookmarked threads though), followed by a long list of [mod]'s. It seems to work fine for me, can you describe your problem in more detail?
                Last edited by Fireb; November 17, 2005, 18:46.
                The Roman Kings scenario is now ready for play: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...tin.com/forum/

Comment

mod is a three-letter word and is not indexed...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    mod is a three-letter word and is not indexed...
                    That explains the search, thanks.

Originally posted by Fireb
                    If I sort the files by 'thread title', in 'descending' order, then a nice orderly list appears, with 2 [utility]'s at the top (below the bookmarked threads though), followed by a long list of [mod]'s. It seems to work fine for me, can you describe your problem in more detail?
                    Just did that again and it worked now. I have no idea what I did before...apparently I am a ******.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X