Introducing: CIV4 MODIFICATION WIKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing: CIV4 MODIFICATION WIKI

Undercover during the beta period, the Civ4 Modification Wiki (short named "Modiki") todays goes public

Our goal is to create an open web space for anything related to ''Civ4'' Creations, from xml editing to scenario design and from python scripting to map editing!

The Wiki platform will allow for a collaborative enviroment without the constant need of a webmaster or any technical person without whome nothing can be done.

Currently guides from Dale, Rhye, Trip and Isak are online. YOUR help is needed!

edit by CyberShy: the URL's above aren't working anymore, for a working civ4 mod wiki go here: http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
    Last edited by Robert; March 18, 2007, 17:46.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Good stuff Markos!

Once I get a little more familiar with Python and XML then I'll see about posting some "How to Do's" based on the work going on over at the C4:AC forum.

D

Comment

Cool stuff guys. In case you hadn't spotted this though the community on Civfanatics has started to build its own wiki.

I'm just glad there's loads of support for the modders!

*bookmarks both wiki*
      Currently working on:
      A Song of Ice and Fire Mod for Civ 4!
      Click me to find out more!

Comment

It probably would have been better if I revealed it myself earlier. I knew about it like a month ago because its URL was located in the BMP to WBS converter.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

As I just posted in the CFC thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=140624&page=6), I think we should probably look into merging the two wikis.

Why?

Because all the information in one place is going to be alot better then all the information in two places. It will also prevent work being done twice on the same subject by two different people.

EDIT: I know you'll expect me to say this, but I'd suggest if they do merge, they merge into Civ4Wiki.com - the domain name is better
          Last edited by Tigga; November 16, 2005, 09:20.
          Civ 4 Wiki - Please help out!
          Civ4 Mods @ Loadedinc
          SDK Community Civ 4 Enhancement Project
          - Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan
            Good stuff Markos!
            i just did the setup, thank the authors they did the content

Once I get a little more familiar with Python and XML then I'll see about posting some "How to Do's" based on the work going on over at the C4:AC forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigga
              EDIT: I know you'll expect me to say this, but I'd suggest if they do merge, they merge into Civ4Wiki.com - the domain name is better
              you mean you dont like the name "modiki"?

is rkyte in charge of civ4wiki?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                you mean you dont like the name "modiki"?

is rkyte in charge of civ4wiki?
                Yup, he is.

No comment on the name
                Civ4 Mods @ Loadedinc
                - Any takers?

Comment

I'd like to add all the little things I've run across and noted down in various .txt files on my pc and in the "simple mod blog" on this forum. My only question is: where should I put it?

Create a new section and add all my info there? (easiest for me, but harder for others to find actual usefull info)

Create categories and add info to the right categories ? (I'd rather have other, more experienced, people setting up the categories)
                  no sig

Comment

Hi. Just checking in over here.

I'm hosting civ4wiki.com. I don't know if you'd call me "in charge." People jumped on it like a pack of wolves.

Merging the wikis is fine by me, but there's a whole lot of details that should be worked out before jumping the gun on that.
                    * What content goes in the wiki. Just game modding or also the civlopedia, strategies, etc.
                    * How should everything be organized? There were some good suggestions in the thread over at CivFanatics. A few users have aready put togather some nice templates as well.
                    * Who should host it? I have no problem hosting the site. I also have no objections to using someone elses bandwidth.
                    * What should it be called? I'm (obviously) partial to civ4wiki. Plus I've already invested $10 in the domain name.

I'll try to keep in contact here and in the other thread.

MarkG, check you PMs over at civfanatics. I sent you my email address.

Comment

we have the bandwidth, we would gladly provide ad-free hosting

cfc is down for maintainance, you can mail me at markg at apolyton dot net

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
                        I'd like to add all the little things I've run across and noted down in various .txt files on my pc and in the "simple mod blog" on this forum. My only question is: where should I put it?

Create a new section and add all my info there? (easiest for me, but harder for others to find actual usefull info)

Create categories and add info to the right categories ? (I'd rather have other, more experienced, people setting up the categories)
                        you could put them under the HOW TO article

you can add a link to them on http://modiki.apolyton.net/index.php...w_To:_Contents

Comment

Is there anything like a forum on the Modiki? I mean, I was reading a description which I think is wrong, but I don't want to modify anything, because I am not sure. So how can I signal a possible error?

Explicitely I think that the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml XML Reference contains a wrong description. Either that or I misunderstood something. It says:

: While the Building is present, it adds this amount of Gold, Research or Culture to the total output.
                          : If the Building becomes obsolete, it will continue to add this amount of Gold, Research or Culture to the total output.

However, if you check the CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file in the original civ installation, a theatre for example looks like this:
                          Code:
                          {CommerceChanges/}
                          {ObsoleteSafeCommerceChanges}
                                    {iCommerce}0{/iCommerce}
                                    {iCommerce}0{/iCommerce}
                                    {iCommerce}3{/iCommerce}
                          {/ObsoleteSafeCommerceChanges}
                          So, according to the Modiki description the theatre should generate culture only when it becomes obsolete.
                          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                            Is there anything like a forum on the Modiki? I mean, I was reading a description which I think is wrong, but I don't want to modify anything, because I am not sure. So how can I signal a possible error?
                            Yes. If you look along the top, alongside the main edit tag there is a discussion tag. That is where you can discuss a page's content.
                            Civ4 Mods @ Loadedinc
                            - Any takers?

Comment

I saw the discussion tag but when I clicled on it I got only an empty page, so I wasn't sure if I am in the right place.
                              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                              --George Bernard Shaw
                              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                              --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X