[mod] Log changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [mod] Log changes

This mod adds some additional events to the log (details below), as well as allowing completely custom log entries. The idea came from a post from Puppeteer in the CFC GOTM forum. This mod does not yet have all the functionality originally suggested but I've done all I can for now. Any advice on how to implement the "upcoming features" would be greatly appreciated. All other advice will be completely ignored, as will any complaints, snide remarks, or requests for nonsensical features.

The following is the text of the readme, including instructions:

eotinbLog v1.0

by eotinb

A mod to facilitate note taking, with succession games in mind.

Instructions:

Unzip file to My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\python\ (or equivalent)
    !!!DO NOT OVERWRITE FILES IN GAME DIRECTORY!!! (i.e. C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Python)
    The three following files will be added:
    CvEventManager.py
    CvUtil.py
    eotinbLog.py

In order to facilitate combining with other mods that also change CvEventManager.py and/or CvUtil.py, the additions (and two minor changes to the original code) have been noted in these files. Feel free to cut and paste to combine.

Features:

Ctrl+E to open a popup window in which you can type your own custom log entry.
    Additional events logged (and some echoed with on-screen message):
    City founded, city growth, tech started, unit built, building built, unit started, and building started.
    All of the additional log entries can be turned off via settings in eotinbLog.py.

Upcoming features:

Ability to alter what is logged in-game (rather than through editing eotinbLog.py).
    Ability to export log.

Credits:

Puppeteer at CFC had the original idea that led to this mod.
    HawaiiFive-O, Calanor, and a few others at Apolyton worked out how to use CyInterface.addMessage().
    TheDarkside at Apolyton lent moral support.
    Attached Files

This sounds good ennough to be posted to the Directory already. Please submit it.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
    X