No announcement yet.

[Mod] TechConquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version - check first post for details.

Bh

Comment

love this mod

Comment

So simple and yet so important!

Great mod!!

\Skodkim

Comment

Doesn't seem to work with 1.61 or am I mistaken?

\Skodkim

Comment

Does this happen when you gift a city? Could be a concern in multiplayer then. If you're in a game without tech trading, 2 players could keep passing a city back and forth to create an unfair advantage, bypassing the no tech trading requirment. I suppose it could also happen if 2 civs decide to share a crappy city and pass it back and forth, but at some point you just gotta trust people not to exploit these mods when playing among their friends.

Comment

Hmm, I'll check into what borked in 1.61.

No, it doesn't work when you gift a city, it only works when you conquer one.

Bh

Comment

Originally posted by Bhruic
                Hmm, I'll check into what borked in 1.61.

No, it doesn't work when you gift a city, it only works when you conquer one.

Bh
                I was about to start a new game anyway so I tested it by putting a foreign unguarded city close to mine and had my troops conquer it. Even though they had techs I didn't (but could research) I got nada.

\Skodkim

Comment

Perhaps the percentages could vary based on your technology level (+5% for writing, +10% for computers, etc).

Comment

Perhaps linked to some combination of your current era and the era of your target tech...
                    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by MMC
                      Perhaps linked to some combination of your current era and the era of your target tech...
                      As I said it was a brand new game. I founded a city and created a foreig city close by in the World Editor. Then I gave them Bronze Working Which I didn't have but was able to research and conquered their city. Nothing happened. I tried reloading, then made their city bigger and finally conquering it again - still nothing.

Has anyone else had any experiences?

\Skodkim

Comment

Yes I can confirm that the techconquest dosent seem to work with 1.61

Comment

So Bhruic. Any news on a new release?

It's a great lite mod, that I'd really hate to miss out on.

\Skodkim

Comment

*Bump*

\Skodkim

Comment

Working...
                            X