Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mod/Scenario Idea] Space - For general use

I want to create a sci-fi scenario.
    For that one would need huge amounts of space, this can be substituted for now by using the water. And on another Note, what about the worlds? Well, I thought about one-tile-planets, first creating a map-script since even islands are big enough for about 9 citys on huge (unfortunately) and there is no tiny islands script yet, or maybe I´m just blind.
    Well, continuing the Idea, taking ships for spaceships (naturally) and such, but that would come later. For now, first the idea of creating one-tile-island-scripts.
    How do I do that?
    To bacon or not to bacon - No question.

Huzzahh!

you could simulate planets as patches of habitable land in space with resources or you could simulate solar systems with planets

roads could simulate wormhole tunnels of sorts and only some technology would allow some units to cross space by temselves

the effort although is not misplaced i think is mostly duplicating what take 2 are doing with their galactic civilizations 2

Comment

This sounds like it would be a really cool mod

Comment

Originally posted by userqwerty
        you could simulate planets as patches of habitable land in space with resources or you could simulate solar systems with planets

roads could simulate wormhole tunnels of sorts and only some technology would allow some units to cross space by temselves

the effort although is not misplaced i think is mostly duplicating what take 2 are doing with their galactic civilizations 2
        Well, the think is that I´d like to see a CIV space scenario, and in the end I hope it not to be so duplicating at all.

But how to work on ROad my be harder, after all one can not build on water yet the Idea of trade routes is universal in this and will work in itself, would it not?

Huzzahh!

Comment

I remember some Star Wars mods for civ2 that turned desert into empty space, roads into hyperspace paths, cities into star systems and other types of land into asteroids, moons and other usable resources that surrounded the systems. I think water might have been some impassible nebula or something.

Changing all the resources and improvements would be quite a challenge. There are so many in this game it would be tough to come up with a decent space equivalent for each.

Comment

I agree on the ressources, yet I think that we need to include them, most likely make something up for future ressources or creating something universal, like the minerals in the SMAC-sense?

Huzzahh!

Comment

Make the seas space, and then have all the planets grassland, to allow settlements on them, with the resources as different types of terrain that are styled as smaller planets/moons. See kobayashi's Civ II space scenarios for details.

Comment

Instead of making water analogous to space, why not figure out the different types of terrain that space can have, and assign those to the terrain types now extant? Like make plains into asteroid fields and deserts into interstellar space, and hills or forests or something like that into more solid matter forms. Then you can more finely control resource distribution and allow for more than one percent of any given map to be used for colonies. Plus, now you get to add in space colony graphics and cool stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                X