[Map] Normal sized Earth map with 11 civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Map] Normal sized Earth map with 11 civs

This is a normal size Earth Map I made today. Took me ca 8 Hours. In the middle of the process (ressource planting) i rushed, thinking that the map will soon be finished, boy was I wrong! So if you find something especially bad about the ressources of the map, feel free to blame my short attention span.
    I made this as the Huge earth map didn't satisfy me: Too many civs in europe, so no breathing room... Also many people have complained about problems with the huge size maps, so i thought someone might appreciate a smaller one.
    I also liked the world map of Civ1 a lot, and i made this in the spirit of that old experience.

Note: all civilizations start at a (semi) historical position, with a settler and a scout unit.

To install the map you need to unzip it, and place it to this directory:
    (Your documents folder)\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Saves\WorldBuilder

In the game choose "singleplayer" then "scenarios" then the map named BvG_Earth

Attached Files

Read the rules on poting files: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=141733

You should submit your map to the directory.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Oh, i am sorry...

It was very late and i just wanted to go to bed, next time i read the rules before posting ;-)

Comment

Finished the game with this map, very good for 512 MB RAM pc, well balanced, but the game ends around 1800.
        Clasificación APT 2009: 91 puntos (4°) Clasificación APT 2010: 104 puntos (4°)
        Clasificación APT 2011: 70 puntos (10°) Clasificación APT 2012: 87 puntos (12°)
        Clasificación APT 2013: 90 puntos (12°) Clasificación APT 2014: 131 puntos (5°)

Comment

Unfortunately i was unable to test this myself, as the game crashed as soon as i circumvented the globe, and paned around.
          You can open the Map with a texteditor and delete this line:
          "MaxTurns=430"
          This will disable the time victory alltogether (as it was intendet by me).

Alternatively you can delete all these lines, to get the default win conditions, including a win in 2050 by score:
          1. every line that starts with "victory=", there are 5 of them.
          2. these 3 lines:
          "
          MaxTurns=430
          MaxCityElimination=0
          TargetScore=0
          "

Comment

Working...
          X