Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML Modding and XML Editor

Hi!

Editing XML files with Notepad is a pain in the ass.

In all the XML files of Civ4 they have include a name of a XML Editor who works great. Look at the top of any xml files. The name of the Xml Editor is called XMLSpy. On their official website they have a free evaluation.

Do you know any good XML Editor? If possible Freeware. Thanks!

Dom

I strongly recomment trying this software for any who want to mod Civ4.

====
    Grid Mode is simply fabulous.
    bleh

gvim!!!!
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Try Notetab The light version is free.
      It’s a versatile text editor, a popular Notepad replacement, and a blazingly fast HTML editor. NoteTab gets more done in less time. Try it!

Comment

I've been using textpad for years for when I want to do something quick. Textpad is free ( textpad.com), and has a few community built plugins for formatting XML keywords and what not.

My editor of choice for most common languages is VS.net. (visual studio) It a little over kill on features for XML but it formats the text perfectly. I have it installed for other reason. Not for all the drag-n-drop BS, but I love the formatting, search tools... Its kind of a dog on resources and overhead, which is why I keep textpad installed.

Comment

Crimson Editor Crimson Editor is a good text editor for programming proposes.
          w3schools here is a great website with Tutorials on most of the web programming langauges. It is done in asp so it is a little slow.

I do argee that doing XML in notepad is a pain. I always have to create a little app to validate the XML (when I remember to do that).

Comment

Working...
          X