No announcement yet.

[Mod] Mylon Mod - Bigger Cities and more in depth gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A refit order might be possible. I'll have to look in to it. It certainly makes more sense than the pay-gold-to-upgrade used now. I just need to figure out how to add more missions.

As for food... I might consider using the import/export buildings someone else suggested, but I'm as of yet undecided on that. (and the game will need a check to make sure a player isn't building import/export buildings and then destroying the import buildings). This mod already increases food quite a bit and any further 1 food to farms would make force cities to rely in citizens to utilize extra population.
    Mylon Mod - Adressing game pace and making big cities bigger.
    Inquisition Mod - Exterminating heretic religions since 1200 AD

Comment

I clicked on the batch file and it didn't load up. Is that all I needed to do?

Comment

Mod updated.

As for the batch file... Well it was supposed to launch the game, as long as it's run inside the mods folder. If that doesn't work, load the mod like others.

Comment

HI Mylon,

I tried your mod last night. A couple of, hm, discoveries .

1. It seems that buildings take longer to build. I thought they would be build at the speed of "normal game."

2. Somehow it was hard to make money, even with a Financial leader and a few cottages up and running. I needed to reduce my research rate to 65% Is that intentional?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Note) Bureaucrats (and their Great People) are probably underpowered at the moment
            Underpowered?
            You do realise that +2 food means there's no limit to city size? (And thus no limit to great people, either).

What you need is Bureaucracy+a city with a decent food surplus, the Globe Theather and a good food bonus to compensate the unheathiness. As soon as all the tiles with more than 2 food are worked, change every new citizen to Bureaucrat. City will keep growing forever, producing Great People at an incredible rate.

Good riddance Great Leaders are so so!
            Last edited by Junuxx; December 21, 2005, 21:22.

Check out my Atlas Map Generator

Generate, preview and play Civ IV maps of any size with the alternative Map Generator

Comment

Bureaucrat slots are limited (without bureaucracy), and their benefit is minimal. Ideally, the player will have to make a choice of expanding the city further (using more bureaucrats) or finally making use of some of that production. As the city grows larger and larger, it should take more and more food to reach the next level.

Personally, I would rather make bureaucracy give +1 free bureaucrat in each city, but I don't see that as a possibility.
              Last edited by Mylon; December 22, 2005, 11:12.

Comment

Was about to start a game with your mod, and then noticed that no culture was awarded in the cities.

It's a known bug? That happend after i patched to 1.52.

btw. im playing with the english european version of civ4

Comment

Working...
                X