Editing Tooltips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Tooltips?

While working on my mod I need to change some bits of the interface. This includes the tooltips when mousing over a city and the bars displayed with the city name and what it's producing in the main screen. Odly enough, the bars on the main screen are managed different than the bars in the city detail screen. I've been able to edit the latter just fine, but the former continue to elude me.

Likewise, I'd like to edit the tooltip to include information like the Great People rate/progress, among other things.

Unfortunately I've search the python files many times over for different data/functions that ought to point to this information but I have not been able to find it. I fear these tooltips may be hard coded.
    Mylon Mod - Adressing game pace and making big cities bigger.
    Inquisition Mod - Exterminating heretic religions since 1200 AD

Re: Editing Tooltips?

I fear these tooltips may be hard coded.
    they are - well at least they are not accessible from python (yet?)

Comment

Well... In that case, is there any other way to add food to a city so it'll register by the usual means?

Currently I'm using a formula to calculate a value (food rate * (good health - bad health) * 0.05) and adding that to cities manually.

This produces 2 oddities: One is that the tooltips/progress bars are broken and don't register the extra food ( I was able to fix them in the city management screen, oddly enough ), and two is that if the extra food is enough to go over the limit, the city doesn't grow until one turn later. These are two issues that need to be addressed by my mod.
      Mylon Mod - Adressing game pace and making big cities bigger.
      Inquisition Mod - Exterminating heretic religions since 1200 AD

Comment

Working...
      X