Custom music help! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom music help! :)

Ok, I've figured out how to add custom mp3's to play in game. It's good for addoing music for the ancient era. I have just one question:

In the CIV4EraInfos.xml file there is this line:

< iSoundtrackSpace >400< /iSoundtrackSpace >

What does it do? What does the number signify?

Thanks!

How do you do this? Please give me a tutorial.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Sure there are 3 files that need to be modified:

\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\xml\gameinfo\CIV4EraInfos.xml
      \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\xml\audio\AudioDefines.xml
      \My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets\xml\audio\Audio2DScripts.xml

You need to:

1. Add section of files you want to play in CIV4EraInfos.xml (Starting with the iSoundtrackSpace line)
      2. Define them in AudioDefines.xml and Audio2DScripts.xml

Look in those files and you will see how it is done for the current music.

My question is just on that one line:

iSoundtrackSpace 0 SoundtrackSpace

Default of Ancient is 0, so I am leaving it at that and the music still plays. What does the number call?
      Last edited by AstroCat; November 6, 2005, 13:19.

Comment

Here is a file that contains those 3 files with a custom setup for 4 Ancient era tracks. Check it out and mod it as you need. Let me know if you figure anything else out about modding custom music. Thanks.
        Attached Files

Comment

People like posting in multiple places.

My reponse from CFC:

I think that's the range at which the music plays. You'll notice the music fades in and out depending on how far in or out you're zoomed. You can try playing with it and see what happens.

Comment

Hehe thanks... I replied over there.

Comment

Working...
            X