PLEASE VOTE before I submit these changes in my MOD:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE VOTE before I submit these changes in my MOD:

NEVERMIND I TAKE IT ALL BACK- close this thread...
    Make the changes- they sound good- I'll give feedback on how it plays out.
    33.33%
    NO WAY- this will unbalance the game horribly (TELL ME WHY IN A POST)
    16.67%
    Why is there a halo around this banana?
    50.00%
    Last edited by dearmad; November 4, 2005, 13:08.

I disagree with removing the income from holy city temples. One one side of things it makes free religion less attractive and Organized religion would still be fairly useful if temples offset the unhappiness penalty. On the other side of things, the holy building still generates income from foreign religious torists visting their holy city. They need places to stay, they need food to eat, ect...

The unhappiness penalty from theocracy can be pretty strict, so it would only be useful if one doesn't have any "contamination".

On a side note, I don't quite agree with how your mod changes the use of jungles. Otherwise I might play it.
    Mylon Mod - Adressing game pace and making big cities bigger.
    Inquisition Mod - Exterminating heretic religions since 1200 AD

Comment

And actually the changes I wanted to make aren't so simple as I thought to make... no XML way to do it- the variables I wanted to change are flags not numerical.

And your reasoning seems fair enough- hadn't thought of the tourist angle... but I'd still like to cut it in half... grr.

Heh- the Jungle thing is one of my favorite changes in my mod- I hate how jungles disappear by 1200 otherwise- I like them undercontrol by about the 1850's or so.

Comment

Working...
      X