Can mod tooltips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can mod tooltips?

I would like to mod the tooltips for unit actions. If you select a unit, its actions are listed in the bottom middle pane. If you hover over those action buttons a tooltip pops up on the left side of the screen describing the action.

I would like to modify the text there so that for worker units it will show the resulting output of the plot AFTER the hovered over action is completed (i.e. take into account loss of forest resources, or subtract out effects of the building being replaced when replacing a terrain upgrade).

I had read that the entire gui was customizable through the py files, but I have been browsing the xml and py files and I haven't found any place the tooltip is constructed.

The constant TXT_KEY_BUILD_COTTAGE refers to the string "Build a Cottage" which is the start of the tooltip, but that constant is never referenced in any py files.

Anyone know if this can be done?

Tooltips are unmoddable from Python. Locutus(sp?) has said that they were too difficult to do.
    Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
    -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

Working...
    X