Invalid Mod Directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid Mod Directory?

I loaded up the mod fine. Plays fine. Saves fine. But when I try to load the game, it says invalid mod directory. Any clue as to why this is happening? Thanks for any help.

Check your ini file. Is the Mod setting 0 or does it point to an existing mod folder?
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

If you're referring to the CivilizationIV config file, it is set to 0. I'm trying my first mod, the Slow Tech + Balance mod. The creator is dearmad. His link is found on the "My mod to address Epic game boredom..." in the Civ4-Creation&Files area. He has replied saying this is a problem with every mod he's ever tried. He offered a possible solution but it didn't work for me. Thanks for any help.

Comment

I got it all sorted out. Apparently I couldn't use the custom mods folder but had to use the main mods folder & the problem is gone... so happy.

Edit : I posted here after I found out the fix from JDexter. All hail JDexter! Thanks again for the help.
        Last edited by Dzhel; November 1, 2005, 20:28.

Comment

Brilliant work, Dzhel- glad you had the sick to-it-iveness to figure it out! nice to share the info with us to solve others' problems too.

Comment

Hey I posted it first! :P
            But of course here it's a better place, so everyone can find it easily.

I just wonder why is there a mods folder unter My Games\Civ after all if it doesn't work...

Comment

Working...
            X