Map Screen mods possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Screen mods possible?

I'd like to add toggleable city radii outlines as well as a city outline cursor. I've had minimal contact with python so far in my career. Please tell me this is possible before I start fooling with it. Thanks

I'd like that too. But it'll take more than Python to do so, you'll probably need to mod the SDK for that. So you'll have to wait a few months.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

What about simply shading workable city plots when a settler is selected? Would that be possible without the SDK?

Comment

I would definitely queue up for a such a mod too.
        Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpicus
          What about simply shading workable city plots when a settler is selected? Would that be possible without the SDK?
          How about a keypress event that checks to see if the active unit is a settler(similar to checking your percentages against a given enemy unit) for the ALT key that iterates each city and draws that little "here's a good spot to settle" blue circle on each plot that each city can work(I know the canWork is in the API)?

Or there's another API call for drawing a flag(I'm assuming this is the standard that all your units carry), maybe use that instead of the "settle here" circle.

On the release even for the key, undraw it all.

Not as cool as AC, or as integrated looking, but a suitable workaround until the SDK comes out, perhaps?
          "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Working...
          X