X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Utility] BMP to WBS Converter

Here is the BMP to WBS Converter.
    With this simple tool written in Python, you can make maps and scenarios just with some bitmaps and storing scenario data info the scenario file.

The zip contains the tutorial Mapmaking And Scenario Design.pdf, which contains installation instructions and that will explain step-by-step how to make a simple scenario, and the sample bitmaps and scenario files produced in the tutorial.

Authors: Jon Shafer, Rhye, Jesse Smith, Locutus
    Last edited by Rhye; November 1, 2005, 03:54.

You should submit it to the directory, and you should have had the thread prefixed [Utility].
    Last edited by Gramphos; October 31, 2005, 14:29.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Awesome! I will download it ASAP.
      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

uploaded.

Comment

downloaded !!

thanks
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

great! do recommend anywhere to get a bmp map of the world that is color coded to allow for easy conversion?

it would also be nice with that bmp to cut and paste sections of the world we want and make maps too.
            Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

There was something like that for CtP2 in the directory. I'm not sure if it uses the right colours though.
              Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
              -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

This is odd. I downloaded Python 2.4.1 and pyPIL 1.1.5 for Python 2.4, yet when I run the program, it shuts down.

Here's the grand total of the log:

Code:
                Traceback (most recent call last):
                  File "C:\Python24\BMPtoWBSConverter186.py", line 8, in ?
                    import wx
                ImportError: No module named wx
                Hm. What am I doing wrong?
                "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

You seem to need the wx python librtary. It is for making a userinterface.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I am having the same problem.

I really want to make a smaller earth map that will not freze up my system.

Comment

You need do install wxPython (it's not mentioned in the pdf)

link: http://www.wxpython.org/index.php

Comment

I did download the libary indicated in the manual.

Comment

Thanks Sansi, I will give it a shot.

Comment

I downloaded wxPython, and now it just isn't running at all.

Comment

I don't remember about that...
                              have you tried copying your assets\python\system\wx folder as a Python24 subfolder?

Comment

Working...
                              X