need to know where SPY MISSION COSTS are kept in XML's:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to know where SPY MISSION COSTS are kept in XML's:

I've looked though all the xml's, done a search for sabotage and come up EMPTY on how the COST is modified for spy missions.

Anyone know this one at all? I want to make a few changes in my mod on this...

The cost and chance of success of spy missions are not fixed, but dynamically determined based on a bunch of variables. So you can't set this in an XML file. Unfortunately the formula is in the SDK, not in Python, so you'll have to wait a few months before you can mod this...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

OMG... a multipler or outside factor is not possible through XML?

OMG... that is so... shortsighted. The modifiability of this game is truly... NOT as pleasent as Firaxis intimated it would be. Having to change the tech, for example, of when a builder can build some terrain improvement takes modifying TWO XML files, and sometimes in more than even two places...

GRRRRRRRRR!

I'm sorry, but I'm so pissed by this, I need to shout something:

FIRAXIS COULDN'T YOU HAVE ADDED ONE OUTSIDE MULTIPLIER FOR US TO MESS WITH IN THE XMLS!?!?!? I mean just a coeficient we MULTIPLY to the number generated by the under the hood stuff!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Comment

Yeah, definately an oversite, hopefully correctable in a patch that comes before the release of the SDK

Comment

Apperently the "beta testers" didn't focus on modding much...

Comment

Calm down will you? This is the most moddable strategy game ever (and I know this because I'm an expert in what used to carry that title), they forget one multiplier and it's the end fo the world? Puhlease...

1) I can now report that such a multiplier will be added in the first patch. This was an oversight, it has already been fixed internally at Firaxis, it will reach you soon.

2) In a few months time you'll get access to the source code, with which you can not only add a multiplier, but completely change around the whole formula, or even the whole concept of espionage.

And being the most the most moddable strategy game in history comes at a price. Yes, sometimes you have to modify two or more files to add new things to the game, is that the end of the world? They could've thrown everything in a single file but I assure you that would only have made it harder to edit. The current setup works excellent in my (by now fairly extensive) experience. Make sure you have a proper text or XML editor (something better than Notepad) and use the system for a while before you pass judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by dearmad
              Apperently the "beta testers" didn't focus on modding much...
              The testers designed most the scenarios that came with the game, why don't you have a look at those and then tell me if you think it's untested?

Comment

Well, THIS tester would have looked at spying a lot more in depth...

(your point taken)

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                  2) In a few months time you'll get access to the source code, with which you can not only add a multiplier, but completely change around the whole formula, or even the whole concept of espionage.
                  Source code!? Really? Sorry for doubting, but I just can't believe that they're going to give away the game a few months after release.

Comment

Originally posted by Aileron

Source code!? Really? Sorry for doubting, but I just can't believe that they're going to give away the game a few months after release.
                    They will be releasing the source for the game mechanics parts of the code, but not the engine.
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                    X